Autopsy Round 19, 2018: Hawthorn defeat the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Mentioned in the Freo autopsy thread the amount of Hawthorn fans at the ground
They were genuinely surprised by the amount of Hawks

Been to a few Optus Stadium games this year. Easily the most 'WA opposition' supporters I've ever seen. Was great to hear a bit of noise too.

Mitchell, Breust and Jags were obviously great but Stratts was immense !!!!

Great win.

When Stratton's touch is good marking the ball, his sure one grab floating easily from the side and back with complete balance is an absolute joy to behold.
I honestly wonder where it goes some weekends because it looks so godly natural it's hard to believe his timing and clutchness could ever be missing.

If Ben gets a quality run of form over the last few weeks and first final, then the backline will not be just a reliable strength but in fact a real weapon.

Last edited:
Not really - would have had to be a much more sizable margin to have crept into 6th. Even if we won 130-35 it would have had us on a percentage of 125.8. Pretty sure the live ladder for the entire game had us in 7th.
probably except when we dropped to 8th...
so my maths is appalling, but you get my point. no more costly misses in front of goal

Mentioned in the Freo autopsy thread the amount of Hawthorn fans at the ground
They were genuinely surprised by the amount of Hawks

Gold and Brown every where you looked. There must be a lot of Hawks in WA, plus those who come over for the game.

But as an expat Vic and a Hawthorn person and member, it is just bloody brilliant sitting amongst the gold and brown
from home. Try to get to Melbourne during the year too.

Hope we finish off the year well, but I think we have to wait a year or two to challenge.
But stranger things have happened with mighty Hawks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back