Preview Round 19, 2019: St.Kilda v Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 27th July, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 60 95.2%
  • Demons

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without being rude you couldn’t be further from the truth. I’m the joker who has my local footy club parties at my house every year after the final game. Most easy going guy you could ever meet. Angry. Maybe once a year. pi**ed maybe every day but once a year. My moto is eat chicken and chips and dimmies every day with vb and enjoy life. No point in dying fit.

Should use that as your epitaph.

WTF is going on with Hannebrey? All he had to do is get through training today according to the medical report? He is starting to look like an absolute embarrassment for the Lethlean, Gallagher and the club. I am sick of the club being a dumping ground for other clubs trash, when will it end?

I can understand not rushing Steven and rewarding the winning team from last week, but what has Parker done wrong? He must have missed training or something silly, because I thought he was one of our better forwards last week?
Well, Hannebery obviously wasn't declared it enough to play after completing training which he participated in.

What did Parker do wrong? Nothing but he got selected because Long attended his grand fathers funeral last weekend and considering he played only okay, he went back out for Long. Not that complicated of a decision there.

We are primed to absolutely maul the Demons. I’m expecting a massive game from Bruce. He’s due. I can see him kicking 10. Saints by 72.

I actually reckon Ratts had him clearing space for Membrey and others the other night. I get the feeling we might alternate using them like that. He was leading out wide and pulling the defence wide open. We seemed to have so much more space when everyone wasn't trying to cut each others space to play their own game.

Sorry if its been discussed but alittle suprised with the Parker omission? Anyone have intel on this

Well, Hannebery obviously wasn't declared it enough to play after completing training which he participated in.

What did Parker do wrong? Nothing but he got selected because Long attended his grand fathers funeral last weekend and considering he played only okay, he went back out for Long. Not that complicated of a decision there.

Hannebrey 400k per game well done Saints...

Parker gave us a 3rd tall last week he contests in the air when Long cant I think its a poor move, if its not for discipline reasons. What has Long done to deserve immediate re inclusion not much.

35k a game thats a lot of ice.

I think he's been paid $400,000 per game this year. He could fly his private jet to Colombia and pick up some supplies for that money.

Parker gave us a 3rd tall last week he contests in the air when Long cant I think its a poor move, if its not for discipline reasons. What has Long done to deserve immediate re inclusion not much.

Snap.

Grant Thomas says a lot of things, most of which are absolute crap.
Yeah, can't say I necessarily disagree with that... more that with the angst around Hanna's signing and the whole "Lether's helping out a mate" angle, one doesn't have to look to far to see where the noise is coming from if an ex-coach is putting it out there publicly like GT is.

Then why is long playing. Steven would only not be playing because he does think he is fit enough

Only reason Long didn't play last week was because he was with family after the loss of his grandfather. Would love to see Stuv back in but another game in Sandy isn't going to hurt make sure he has some match fitness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF is going on with Hannebrey? All he had to do is get through training today according to the medical report? He is starting to look like an absolute embarrassment for the Lethlean, Gallagher and the club. I am sick of the club being a dumping ground for other clubs trash, when will it end?

I can understand not rushing Steven and rewarding the winning team from last week, but what has Parker done wrong? He must have missed training or something silly, because I thought he was one of our better forwards last week?

Wait until we declare Scott the best mate...I mean candidate for the coaching job straight after Ratts gets through the rest of the season with out a loss then;)

Yeah, can't say I necessarily disagree with that... more that with the angst around Hanna's signing and the whole "Lether's helping out a mate" angle, one doesn't have to look to far to see where the noise is coming from if an ex-coach is putting it out there publicly like GT is.
Was he really helping hanners that much. It was an extra year or two if he meets a criteria. He was still earning 800k this year. I still think it’s worth the punt. Not like we can bank the money

Yeah, because his contract is only one year long so I should make hyperbolic statement about it now because this one year is exactly what every other year will be :rolleyes:

What's Long done to deserve immediate recall? Play better, more consistent football than Parker over the past month.

Was he really helping hanners that much. It was an extra year or two if he meets a criteria. He was still earning 800k this year. I still think it’s worth the punt. Not like we can bank the money

Sydney probably made Lethlean take Hanners wage off their books for defiling their corporate box.

It's an interesting one.

Put it this way, it would be like if you with your Ormond history had Lether's job and signed Max Gawn with his Ormond connection (and whose dad you were very close to) after he had been severely restricted by injury for the previous two years.

Sure, many would say it's worth the risk but you can also see how, if the injuries keep happening, you are really opening yourself up for criticism. You want to get those signings right.

Honestly, I can see both sides of the argument in this case...

GT is adding fuel to the fire by saying there wasn't even a medical. I'd be pretty staggered if this was the case.

Does Grant Thomas coaching us over a decade ago really hold any weight when he is Twitter ranting to stay relevant? Not really.

This rumour he didn't receive a medical has already been shut down. He received multiple and I will take the clubs, and Lethlean's media puppet's word over whatever dribble Grant Thomas is on this week. We are a professional club with very professional and well respected medical staff and to suggest they would be so negligent to not do such an important, routine examination on a player because Lethlean is mates with his dad is just ridiculous.

Just watching last weeks game 20 scores from 28 entries half way into the 3rd and they show where we scored from all in the corridor. that's a big difference from previous weeks

Yeah he needs to be playing seniors , the problem is Carlisle is currently our best CHB , Brown is our best FB so can we play Battle forward next week.
Because we need games into Coffield and Hunter as well.

I've never been a big fan of Brown , but after his preseason , the effort put in to do the best times he has ever done and not being injury prone which the older guys usually become - he more than deserves his spot in the 22 - even though I want a more offensive player to give us more options in getting the ball out of defense / we don't really have one - Carlisle a better CHB and Battle could play there , but Brown just has it over them just due to experience.

This again goes to show how strong our squad is - Battle is 20yrs old and has shown is is more than capable of holding down a key position and his upside is just massive - I just feel we have really have some once in a lifetime players in this side - Marshall , Battle , Hunter Clark , Coffield , Gresham , Billings , Max King.
You don't happen to fart rainbows by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back