Autopsy Round 19, 2021: Adelaide defeat Hawthorne

Remove this Banner Ad

Well That was just trash never looked like beating them to be honest, we used to recruit skilful players not sure why we went away from that policy. Possible the worst skilled team in the modern area, butchers on every line.

the good Reeves, Moore & Bramble.

the bad our midfield

the ugly losing to 2 of the bottom 4 sides, our game style, possible wooden spoon.

We'd be desperate for a midfield mixup after that. More proof that what our mix is at the minute is not working.
I think we'll see a few more debut's before the season is out now- Downie should come in again, hell, throw Saunders in too.

For the love of christ someone find a way to make our players keep their feet.

Umpire 25 swallows the whistle when it’s a free kick to us. Can’t blow it fast enough for the opposition.

Pretty sure we had him in the Port game as well.

Lacking polish …

Especially mid connection with forwards.

Forwards refuse to lead in straight lines … always on the 45.

We're the worst side in the comp. It's pretty obvious now. Either that or the tank is on with how some of the matchups went most of the night. Crows had won 2 of their past 13 before tonight and they controlled the game with efficiency from the outset. Our forward line has a long way to go to even be close to where it needs to be. Got absolutely torched in the air forward and back it was actually ridiculous. A line should be drawn through a few players now and we should see a few of our newbies for the rest of the year.
No, we're not tanking. We're just not very good.

i think Chad was not out worst tonight as tried hard but the same cannot be said of Breust. He needs to step up in a lot of facets of his game such as the basics of chasing and tackling or fu.. off..

Moore, Bramble continue to improve along with Denver, like Hartigan's aggression. Day, Sicily,Impey, Gunston should improve things if we can get a couple gun mid-fielders in the draft along with Downie, McGinness hopefully to show their stuff.

Our midfield lacked defensive pressure. Smashed in the centre and our backline was always under pressure.
i50's horrible.
Between the arcs in general play I thought we were the better team.
Bramble and Moore are great finds.
Like everyone I just wish Cousins could kick.
Worpel and Tom looked to be playing for themselves.
I thought JOM was good.
Lewis in and out but did some nice things.

I'm ok with tonight. That's our level. If we finish 17th or 18th, that is where we belong right now and will give us the draft pick we need. 16th is now the best we can finish. We won't overtake Adelaide.

I thought Moore was excellent. He is becoming a good player. Worpel's first half was very good, his second half very ordinary. Reeves, Lewis and Bramble had good games.

Mitchell was ok. JOM, Howe and Shiels were ineffective again. Laird just a class above anyone in our midfield and was the clear difference in a game between two poor sides. It again just shows how lacking in elite class we are.

Kosi, DGB and Brockman all had tough nights but each had one highlight they could be pleased with (good mark and goal for each for Kosi and Brockman and a desperate late goal save from DGB). Each will learn from the experience and should stay in the side rather than being dropped like Newcombe and Jeka were for similarly quiet performances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, if we finish 18th we get pick 3 FS and Academy's have stuffed the rebuild chances for bottom sides.

It’s not the title of pick 1 for our player when the bids are matched , but we do damage to Collingwood and Bulldogs picks after ours leading up to our two 2nd rounders.

Our player is still the genuine pick 1 available in reality if indeed we finish bottom.

Nah, if we finish 18th we get pick 3 FS and Academy's have stuffed the rebuild chances for bottom sides.
Not true at all. If we finish 18th we have pick one. If we go straight for Horne, that is first pick. FS and academy only come before us if we try to select them first. And why would we if we know we won't get them, and even then we would have to consider both of them better than Horne. I don't understand why people don't get this.

I'm ok with tonight. That's our level. If we finish 17th or 18th, that is where we belong right now and will give us the draft pick we need. 16th is now the best we can finish. We won't overtake Adelaide.

I thought Moore was excellent. He is becoming a good player. Worpel's first half was very good, his second half very ordinary. Reeves, Lewis and Bramble had good games.

Mitchell was ok. JOM, Howe and Shiels were ineffective again. Laird just a class above anyone in our midfield and was the clear difference in a game between two poor sides. It again just shows how lacking in elite class we are.

Kosi, DGB and Brockman all had tough nights but each had one highlight they could be pleased with (good mark and goal for each for Kosi and Brockman and a desperate late goal save from DGB). Each will learn from the experience and should stay in the side rather than being dropped like Newcombe and Jeka were for similarly quiet performances.

It is a bother that a former half-back flanker in Laird just dominated the middle whilst our midfielders got nowhere near that. Tbh, it's a continual bother.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back