Autopsy Round 19, 2021: Adelaide defeat Hawthorne

Remove this Banner Ad

Like us to target some more VFL players this off season have them training with us the preseason and see if we can grab another Bramble type.

We've picked two guys in Bramble and The Duke who either stepped directly out of country football into AFL and look the goods (Bramble), or stepped from country football into a handful of VFL games, and then into the AFL and look like they may make it with a preseason or two (Duke).

I'm not sure there are that many guys running around in the VFL who aren't a known quantity.

But you'd think the odds of finding two guys that fit this bill in the country leagues would be next to 0.

Incredible recruiting by us in recent times. We need to keep nailing them with Day, DGB and Bramble like precision. Particularly this year when we look like getting a super high pick.

Our inside 50's are trash.

Moore, Bramble, Lewis all positives to come from the game.

Go at it.

Hawthorne..?
A bug-bear of mine is the frequent misspelling of our club name. I can understand opposition fans being ignorant or at times deliberately antagonistic with the incorrect spelling of our great clubs name - but for Hawks members/fans it's unacceptable, stop it..!

A reminder:

This is the city of 'HAWTHORNE' in California

Hawthrone CA.png

This is the Melbourne suburb of 'HAWTHORN'

Hawthorn Melb.png

This is Nathanial 'HAWTHORNE', an American novelist

Nathaniel_Hawthorne_by_Brady,_1860-64.jpg

This is the 'HAWTHORN' football club
Hawks emblem.jpg

Hawthorne..?
A bug-bear of mine is the frequent misspelling of our club name. I can understand opposition fans being ignorant or at times deliberatly antagonistic with the incorrect spelling of our great clubs name - but for Hawks members/fans it's unacceptable, stop it..!
A reminder:

View attachment 1202731

View attachment 1202733

View attachment 1202734

View attachment 1202735

Hawthorne..?
A bug-bear of mine is the frequent misspelling of our club name. I can understand opposition fans being ignorant or at times deliberately antagonistic with the incorrect spelling of our great clubs name - but for Hawks members/fans it's unacceptable, stop it..!

A reminder:

View attachment 1202731

View attachment 1202733

View attachment 1202734

View attachment 1202735
Points for including Nathanial Hawthorne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back