Preview Round 19, 2021: Adelaide v Hawthorn, 24 July 2021, 7.40pm @ Marvel Stadium

Winner and margin

• Hawks by 60+ points

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Hawks by 30-59 points

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Hawks by 15-29 points

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Hawks by 1-14 points

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Crows by 1-14 points

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Crows by 15-29 points

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Crows by 30-59 points

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crows by 60+ points

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really pissed off that Jeka was dropped, deserved a proper run at it.

ins are great, outs make sense (other than Jeka).

looking at our draft hand, aren’t a few of the top prospects SA boys?
Horne is, there’s another good mid who name escapes me too.
Callaghan could slip.
Just gotta lose to Collingwood

We need to tank and not win this. Could cost us Callaghan/Horne.

pick 2 can go to as high 5 by seasons end without the bids.

Sorry guys head over heart.
Lose and we take Sinn/goater/Erasmus/ward
Really pissed off that Jeka was dropped, deserved a proper run at it.

ins are great, outs make sense (other than Jeka).

looking at our draft hand, aren’t a few of the top prospects SA boys?
Horne is, there’s another good mid who name escapes me too.
Callaghan could slip.
Just gotta lose to Collingwood
Roberts?

Jeka is super on the lead. Has that covered in his bag of tricks. And getting ball on the lead at AFL level at hawthorn is few and far between. His other quality that stood out was some good quick handballs in close. He is a clean ball handler which is great for his prospects.

But last week showed the rest of his game is a fair way off. If you recall Clarko after a few years of Mark Williams being a freak on the lead from the goalsquare pushed him up to HF for a season to round out his game. And FF to the 2008 GF and this saw him take part in arguably the greatest goal in hawthorns history being the medley w the great man S Dew.

But given we are 17th with nothing on the line I was hoping like others Jeka would play the season out in the seniors to understand the requirements at the top level. Especially with the chance that VFL isn't played.

Yes he looked a fair way off at times but so did Frost who commits errors 99% of players couldn't even try and is never dropped.

Wouldn’t be disappointed if we ended up with something like pick 5 and grabbed Sinn. Still think he is a perfect fit for us. With the 3 ins we should beat the Crows, especially if the intensity is anywhere near last weeks.

Jeka dropped is bipolar to what Clarko said last week... strange times at the club
Its not bipolar at all.

All players have to commit to standards.

Clarkson might want to see Lewis, Kosi and Jeka start to bond, but he's not going to gift them game together for the sake of it, if the effort isn't there.

This always bothers me - 'pick 2 can go to 5' - yeah, we know Daicos/Darcy will be selected, every academy/father-son rated in the top 10 gets selected by the teams who have first dibs on them. We nor any other team with a high pick is missing out on anything. It's not like Collingwood is going to turn around when North bids on Daicos and says, "well, we weren't really into him anyway, have him." It doesn't lessen the pick.
2 can go to 4.
Not sure why people mention Darcy or Daicos, as they don't exist to us because we know where they're going. Pick 4 is just the number that gets read out, but the kid taken then will be the second player in the draft not already destined for a club.

After Horne and Callaghan it all gets a little unknown at this stage.

I know you’re a bit simple, but did you seriously read that as “they will all play for the remainder of the year”?

Haha, no, and I actually don’t care that he’s been dropped.

Just think it’s funny that you challenged someone on whether Clarko had said something, and you had in fact quoted Clarko on that exact thing days earlier.

Wouldn’t be disappointed if we ended up with something like pick 5 and grabbed Sinn. Still think he is a perfect fit for us. With the 3 ins we should beat the Crows, especially if the intensity is anywhere near last weeks.
Correct. That's why there's no point tanking unless we're a chance at Horne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I appreciate the disappointment in jeka being dropped. No doubt there is an argument to retain him. But he had a zero marks, zero goals, zero tackles, 6 disposal game with a meagre 5 pressure acts. His disposals were good quality but just didn’t offer enough in the air or in terms of pressure. Likely gets another shot at in later. Just has to work on being more like involved.

AFL have done a great job in continuing the season so far. If safe to do so, we will play on Norfolk Island, Tiwi Islands or King Island. Riding those bumps with a grin and all.

Hopefully we can get a win against the Crows.

Let players come to us, as a club that fosters a winning culture above driving tanks.

3 very good additions to the side that was even against the top team, up against the team with the worst form in the comp. Should come out to about an 80 point win, right?

Then it's Hartigan, Frost, DGB and TOB.
Scrim at 194.
Tall backline too.

I like that height if the midfield is preventing quick transitions into our backline. If Adelaide have to pray and spray on entry then being high up should work well for us. Adelaide won't get much clean access to the ball. But if their midfield is getting a free run then our backline will be walking from the ground with a 1000 yard stare.

For all of those wanting Jekka in and TOB or whoever out, Jekka was probably our worst performed player last week. Now that Burger is rested, every other player in the team is potentially still on the list next year. They all deserve a game based on form, so droppign 'A' becasue 'B' needs development is not only silly, but is not fair TBH.

and I like Jekka, but his time will come if he is good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back