Preview Round 19, 2021: Adelaide v Hawthorn, 24 July 2021, 7.40pm @ Marvel Stadium

Winner and margin

• Hawks by 60+ points

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Hawks by 30-59 points

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Hawks by 15-29 points

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Hawks by 1-14 points

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Crows by 1-14 points

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Crows by 15-29 points

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Crows by 30-59 points

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crows by 60+ points

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IN: Scrimshaw

OUT: Jeka (omitted)

B: Grainger-Barras, Hartigan, Greaves

HB: Scrimshaw, Frost, Bramble

C: Shiels, Mitchell, Phillips

HF: Burgoyne, Lewis, Moore

F: Brockman, Koschitzke, Breust

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Worpel

INT: Howe, O’Brien, Reeves, Cousins

I thought Cousins was bold and creative, tonight. He mongreled a kick or two, but wasn't taking a backwards step. Made our midfield deeper. Hoping he stays, if he's in the plans for future depth. He always gives 100%

INS: Scrimshaw.
OUTS: Jeka maybe, but want more games into him. Tough job for selection panel, balancing the future and the now.

? Really not sure who else is fit to go. Or if any injured.

Wouldn't mind seeing Callow, but short on form due to no VFL game. Maybe DGB's shoulder needs a rest?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the AFL Player Ratings (the non supercoach/fantasy designed to measure impact), Cousins was our best player.

And this is why player ratings are flawed. Cousins had some really good moments and it was probably one of his better games. But his kicking remains a significant concern. Butchered it a lot when especially going forward.

Jeka Lewis Kossie all stay and play.

Dimma, Scrimma, Wingard, Morrison all ready most likely

Can't pick ins and outs tbh
Jeka someone said Clarko said he would play the rest of the year. Lewis/Kossie are locks. McEvoy possible rest, Wingard/Morrison an extra week? Greaves and TOB i can see coming out for Dimma and Scrimma and i loved Cousins game, he used the ball pretty well alot of the night barring a few mungrels. Has nice speed and gave it a crack got a bit of the ball too and deserves another game, showed plenty. Would be stiff on Greaves as he was ok but i think Pickett kicked 3 and Spargo was influential and he played on both at times.

out: greeves

in: scrimshaw

you know what hawthorn are like with injuries and no point rushing players back this late in the year especially ones with hamstring problems

And this is why player ratings are flawed. Cousins had some really good moments and it was probably one of his better games. But his kicking remains a significant concern. Butchered it a lot when especially going forward.
That breakout clearance on the wing followed by an under 10s style mongrel into the forward line sums him up unfortunately. That's what is keeping him on the fringes and not permanently in the side

IN: Hardwick, Scrimshaw, Wingard
OUT: Greaves, O'Brien , Howe/Brockman

Had probably his 2nd best game of the year but I guess nothing stops the "drop Howe".

I would think Greaves out plus any injured managed.

Scrimshaw back and only players at 100%. So we may not risk Wingard or Hardwick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back