Autopsy Round 19, 2021 | Autopsy vs Carlton

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The make up of our backline is going to be very interesting in 2022. We have a few options and they are all slightly different for the most part. Atu today gave us a glimpse of his capabilities and he is definitely at the start of his journey while LMac looked better in the back half.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s my only concern.

Gibcus and Sinn/Wilmott if we miss out on Horne will be as much as we can hope for.

I’d be attempting to Trade 2022 R1 + R2 to get into the 2021 draft again inside the Top 10-12.

Bonar, Corr, Perez, Archer and 2 of those 3 listed above and we are set IMO.

+ Size
+ Inside ability
+ Consistent scoreboard impact
+ Aerial Ability
+ General Kicking

Wellsy had that freakish Krakouer cerebral vision and ability to make things happen when near the ball, but Wellsy was about a 7/10 kick. Tarryn is a 9.5/10 kick.

Wellsy developed his inside game as he got older. Tarryn is as good a clearance player now as Wells probably ever was.

Like I said, I think he's going to go way past him.

Tarryn will probably be a 6"3 90+ kg at his peak. Just different animals.

Different players, Tarryn will have size over Wells but I think you're underselling him here a bit he was much better than a 7/10 kick.

He's a former teacher isn't he? They are good with names.
While I'm definitely reading too much into.it.

I think there is more to it, that it goes a bit deeper.

By addressing individuals by name it provides them with respect, but also accountability to their questions. Noble is smart enough to know that right now there's not a lot of heat. But he's more than happy to call your name on soft questions he'll be more than equipped to do it for the curly ones.

I love that he does it.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Thoroughly enjoying eating my celebratory Souvlaki (paging Doctor Freud)… even though for some reason us South Aussies refer to them as yiros.
And, with apologies to my future cardiologist, yeah, I added chips. It’s my lockdown celebration and I’ll do what I want!
View attachment 1185880

SIDENOTE: Imagine my surprise that Liam Stocker and I have the same underpanties!
View attachment 1185894

You‘re a better chance of being worth a top 20 pick.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We were electric in the 90’s.

Kick it to Carey and if he doesn’t mark it let the crumbers like Fruity clean it up.

You had McKernan running around like an oversized midfielder, Byron breaking blokes in half and opposition players pooing their pants when Archer was near the contest.

Great times!

King, Byron, Schwass, Allison and Abraham.

Stevo before his knee in ‘95 was also real quick. Even Micky had a dash of pace and went on the odd dash.

We were electric.

My life’s work is to ensure no one forgets what a pack of campaigners they are.

I don’t understand the hate for Carlton.

We owe them for ‘99.

They suppport us against Essendon and hate Essendon just as much as we do, they aren’t a threat, and their ongoing frailties make us look pretty good.

I’m chock full of hate for oppostion, Geelong, Sydney, Essendon, St.Kilda are all much more hateful IMO.

Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Due to his size Tarryn reminds me of the Bont. Can go forward kick goals and make things happen when it matters

Bont is 17kgs heavier than Tarryn and 2.5 cm taller. But they move similarly. Long stride. Fluid move. Anticipate really well. Wells comparison is fair as they are both lovely to watch. TT seems to relish the physical stuff whereas DW didn’t. TT a lot better overhead.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bont is 17kgs heavier than Tarryn and 2.5 cm taller. But they move similarly. Long stride. Fluid move. Anticipate really well. Wells comparison is fair as they are both lovely to watch. TT seems to relish the physical stuff whereas DW didn’t. TT a lot better overhead.
DW was a winger, who Laidley wanted to play as a midfielder, due to lack of options.
Was never going to be good at bash and crash of a full timers.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

I don‘t agree with some of the recollections about Wells.

He had his natural physicality coached out of him to capitalise on his playmaking abilities.

And a 7/10 Kick? Crikey come on now.

No idea what it means in the long run, but struggling to remember a North team in my time (I'm 27 for what it's worth) which was this electric.

Lots still to sort, but for the first time we don't look like we're chasing tail - we're trying to be innovative, dynamic and modern.
So you were actually born around the time the bloke in your avatar nodded his head like that. Interesting...

I reckon Tarryn will put on a bit more size too , which will help him in contested situations. I reckon he is a bit tough too

Ischenko

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Also we never stopped working. Even in the last few minutes when the game was done Stevo was still back helping out the defenders, Polec desperate to get involved etc. So different to the Scott era where we’d turn a belting like this into a nervy two goal win or get overrun entirely...or like that Gold Coast game in 2018 when instead of belting them we experimented and flirted with form (Zurharr in the ruck) and got an unconvincing win and then fell apart after the bye...

Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don‘t agree with some of the recollections about Wells.

He had his natural physicality coached out of him to capitalise on his playmaking abilities.

And a 7/10 Kick? Crikey come on now.
Agree. Revisionism at work here. Daniel was a lovely kick. Was one of his great features which is why they gave it to him to find the option others could not see. The big difference between he and TT I hope is durability.

Well JB on MMM's radio call pretty much was barracking for Carlton in the last. Billy brownless was first to write them off.
Of course he was mate. It’s his job. The more blues supporters there are listening the better the ratings and the more money they make.
The fact you actually believed him means he’s doing his job well.
Privately, he’s a Nth man and he’s be loving it!
Its not called commercial radio for nothing.

While I'm definitely reading too much into.it.

I think there is more to it, that it goes a bit deeper.

By addressing individuals by name it provides them with respect, but also accountability to their questions. Noble is smart enough to know that right now there's not a lot of heat. But he's more than happy to call your name on soft questions he'll be more than equipped to do it for the curly ones.

I love that he does it.
Yeah .... he was obviously a good teacher.

I think Noble is present in the moment really well. So he understands where he is in that instant but also where that instant fits in the flow of time. While that sounds like crazy bullshit, it is a fundamental part of situational awareness. Situational awareness isn't just an instantaneous snapshot of the moment. Its also being able to put that moment into the overall flow of time so that you understand the vectors (ie scale and direction, not just scale) of movement that everything has.

So he knows the reporters names and their history of questioning etc etc.

It seems to be a part of who he is - whatever the situation he is as prepared as he can be for whatever unfolds.

He also never seems to get overly flustered and when he is annoyed he returns to a calm level very quickly.

But he also is teaching this stuff to the kids and older players - specifically wrt onfield situations. We talk about having game plans, game styles and plan A's, B's and all that crap but really what matters is understanding the game and applying that understanding to your circumstances. All while you have a group of responses, appropriate to your situation, that you draw on. To me it seems he isn't just developing game styles but teaching our players to respond to each situation on its merits. And trusting their natural footy ability to work out the rest.

see see and I talked about "Total football" earlier this year before the season started as something we could do with the likes of Bull, TT, Sleevo, Curtis Taylor etc etc. You can see that in what Noble was trying yesterday i thought. Not just that every player can play every position but that every player understands every position and whats required from them. There is another thing in soccer too, Tiki-Taka. There is a bit of that about this side too.

Remember when Wells used to turn a game on its head, cutting through a zone with run and field kicking. If his kicking wasn't 10/10 his vision certainly was.
Wells would walk into any North team ever. So would TT who i think has a higher ceiling but that doesn't make Wells any less of a player.

Also TT *s kicks up too. So did Wellsy.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Noble said earlier in the year that he has a spot sewn up after playing very well for multiple games. And they just signed him up for two years.
So you may not be convinced - but the coach has said he is.
So whose spot does he take? Who would not have played yesterday to make way for him? Keeping in mind Tarrant would have also played, so that's 2 from yesterday who would be out.

Back