Autopsy Round 19, 2021 | Autopsy vs Carlton

Who are your 12? I have 13 going into next year: Ziebell, Cunners, Goldy, Corr, Taz, LMac, LDU, Simpkin, TT, Souva, Zurhaar, McKay, Stevo.

Hall and Anderson not far off. Dumont will be if he re-signs with us. Polec too if he doesn't leave. It's getting full.

Agree with that. Stevo would be the one who would be battling with other players to remain there - in my opinion. The other guys would be automatic choices at this stage.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Let’s not kid ourselves, McKay being out screwed with them seriously. However, that’s their problem.

I’d say exposed them..
their midfield isn’t going anywhere fast, you can’t rely on two good players to be the engine room regardless of how good a key forward you’ve got..

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
I’d say exposed them..
their midfield isn’t going anywhere fast, you can’t rely on two good players to be the engine room regardless of how good a key forward you’ve got..
Carlton are a joke of a club. The AFL should either relocate them to Tassie or just straight up fold them. 😉

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Carlton are a joke of a club. The AFL should either relocate them to Tassie or just straight up fold them. 😉

This is very disrespectful.

They provide a valuable service to softly transition GWS players into retirement. In some ways they're almost an arm of the AFLPA.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Have only watched the game live so yet to visit the replay.

We looked ok and that's not meant sarcastically. We allowed them a little too much easy movement at times and our guys were able to carry it without much pressure at times. Our forwards uncharacteristically were allowed space to work in.

Don't get me wrong. I love winning and it's fantastic that several youngsters filled their boots.

Maybe the biggest significance of the win was that it was our first where we 'felt' like the stronger team throughout. There would've been a big disappointment losing that one because of this.

Even the players seemed slightly underwhelmed post match. The jubilation of the previous wins wasn't there, hopefully that's a sign the side is starting to expect to control opponents.

It's a big step since the crows and pies games where we had a weak opponent on the ropes and couldn't finish. But in and of itself beating Carlton was a notch in the belt as a developing side but that may not tell us too much about where we're at.

I find it curious that, not very long ago, Patrick Cripps was being touted as a superstar of the game - capable of winning matches of his own boot. Now, he seems to be routinely written off. Why so? From what I can see, he has had a rough trot with injury. I fully expect him to bounce back. 🤣 Not that I am, in any way, invested in him regaining his prowess. I just find it interesting the way the media appear to have jumped off him.

Kangaroo Cat

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Have only watched the game live so yet to visit the replay.

We looked ok and that's not meant sarcastically. We allowed them a little too much easy movement at times and our guys were able to carry it without much pressure at times. Our forwards uncharacteristically were allowed space to work in.

Don't get me wrong. I love winning and it's fantastic that several youngsters filled their boots.

Maybe the biggest significance of the win was that it was our first where we 'felt' like the stronger team throughout. There would've been a big disappointment losing that one because of this.

Even the players seemed slightly underwhelmed post match. The jubilation of the previous wins wasn't there, hopefully that's a sign the side is starting to expect to control opponents.

It's a big step since the crows and pies games where we had a weak opponent on the ropes and couldn't finish. But in and of itself beating Carlton was a notch in the belt as a developing side but that may not tell us too much about where we're at.
As someone who has watched the replay I'm beginning to think our celebrations were also a bit muted because it would have seemed fairly douchy to celebrate too much in the faces of a club that's having problems. We remember the feeling too well to rub it in

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
As someone who has watched the replay I'm beginning to think our celebrations were also a bit muted because it would have seemed fairly douchy to celebrate too much in the faces of a club that's having problems. We remember the feeling too well to rub it in

Interesting thought but respectfully, I hope our players don't give 2 ****s about Carlton's plight.

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Derby County FC
Even the players seemed slightly underwhelmed post match. The jubilation of the previous wins wasn't there, hopefully that's a sign the side is starting to expect to control opponents

We weren't in the building to enjoy it with them, which as a young side i'm sure they felt, the desire to win and celebrate with the fans is a major motivator.

Also I think the red-time goal to Cripps with like 8 seconds left took the wind out of their sails a bit

sutcliffe's hotel

Premium Platinum
Oct 30, 2005
Brisbanistan
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We weren't in the building to enjoy it with them, which as a young side i'm sure they felt, the desire to win and celebrate with the fans is a major motivator.

Also I think the red-time goal to Cripps with like 8 seconds left took the wind out of their sails a bit

I thought this as well.

The playing group is long overdue being able to soak up the roaring adulation of the Melbourne faithful after a win.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I find it curious that, not very long ago, Patrick Cripps was being touted as a superstar of the game - capable of winning matches of his own boot. Now, he seems to be routinely written off. Why so? From what I can see, he has had a rough trot with injury. I fully expect him to bounce back. 🤣 Not that I am, in any way, invested in him regaining his prowess. I just find it interesting the way the media appear to have jumped off him.

He was virtually winning games of his own boot, but the Blewz have never brought in the support to take him to that Voss like level. Imagine him in Dogs or current Dees midfield.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
We ain't * , i like to think our kids actually are sportsmen

I don't quite understand this view here. They shake hands with their opponents and show respect but are entitled to celebrate as much as they like.

We weren't unsportsmanlike when we celebrated beating Hawthorn, GC or WC.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
I don't quite understand this view here. They shake hands with their opponents and show respect but are entitled to celebrate as much as they like.

It’s not like we were beating Fitzroy in 1996 and there was a bigger reason to be respectful. I just think it was really pleasing but not as big a deal as beating the Eagles in Perth, and that this team already doesn’t have to be jumping out of its skin every time they win one.

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Yeah, it's hard to know whether it's injury or whether he's dropped some weight to get around the field better so isn't as much of a stoppage monster. Maybe a bit of both. Some commentators earlier in the year were saying the rule changes reducing the number of stoppages had limited the impact of inside mids. I think Cunners has has shown that theory to be rubbish.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

IMO it simply comes down to the fact that he's had to carry the side for some long that his injuries have caught up with him.

Kangaroo Cat

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The win over wc was worthy of celebration because it was well earned and hard fought, the win vs carlton was us exploiting a team who is struggling. Not exactly classy to rub it in their faces

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Just posted on the carlton page and it got deleted within minutes.
Nothing bad just that they might need a refreshment of the list like North did over the last couple of years.
No wonder their fans are so deluded and their constantly stuck in nothingness.

Why do this mate?

We haven't achieved anything yet and anyone venturing on to other boards to offer unsolicited advice invites a kicking.

Back