Status
Not open for further replies.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I’m anticipating a few 9.5 dives from Charlie cameron.

some excellent running down the back straight from high mccluggage.

And if we’re lucky David swallow laying down a high crotch over the head dump move on lachie neale

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
I think we win this comfortably. We get our winning mojo back and suitcase does his 100th game a winner. And I do not feel any "olympic" 😀

Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think we win this comfortably. We get our winning mojo back and suitcase does his 100th game a winner. And I do not feel any "olympic" 😀
Same re: Olympics....crazy its even going ahead right now.

We have a pretty good 22 going into this game and expect to run away with the win comfortably as well.

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Go Lions.
And the suns out. Great day for the footy.
Clugga to reignite his brownow run with 10 goals.
Also hoping to see Daniher and Charlie work together a bit better, get vibes about these two.
Got a feeling this could be our last game for a whie without high seat restrictions , hopeI'm wrong.

I heard Rayner was going to do the on field halftime competition mike work, the usual girl has other comitments.
Even better.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You know the Suns supporters are up for this game when the AFLW draft and Metricon being used as an Olympics venue are the two most popular threads on their board today.
It's not like this thread is on fire either - one page of comments :)

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Apparently you need to wear a mask today even while seated except while eating or drinking under new masking protocols >

Skipping lunch and eating at the footy today for the first time in years, also taking some chewing gum and a pack of hard lollies so I don't have to wear a mask for 3 hours straight.

Lllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooooonnnnnnnssssssssss!

Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Apparently you need to wear a mask today even while seated except while eating or drinking under new masking protocols >

Skipping lunch and eating at the footy today for the first time in years, also taking some chewing gum and a pack of hard lollies so I don't have to wear a mask for 3 hours straight.

Lllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooooonnnnnnnssssssssss!

Is that an excuse to drink warm beer all game ?

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If Madden has the all-time 20m sprint record, then does that mean he is the fastest player in the AFL (over 20m)?

If you assume he's still that quick and no other player has increased how quickly they've run post draft then maybe

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If you assume he's still that quick and no other player has increased how quickly they've run post draft then maybe
Why would his leg speed decrease? And l assume post draft, you could improve your speed a bit with increased muscle mass in your legs to help propel you but wuldn't think you could substantially increase your speed.

Why would his leg speed decrease? And l assume post draft, you could improve your speed a bit with increased muscle mass in your legs to help propel you but wuldn't think you could substantially increase your speed.
Training methods are based around endurance, or repeat sprints for the AFL not necessarily out and out speed.
Also he would have put on full body mass not just leg muscle mass.
He would and still does have speed but not necessarily as explosive as he may once have been.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Sometimes players who trial great for straight line speed at draft combines don't translate that to game day, on what I have seen so far of Madden he uses that speed well in defence to close down opposition players, I'd love to see him start using that speed in the offensive side of his game, hopefully as he gains more experience the confidence to do that will emerge.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Injuries. Probably very different running on a footy oval than a basketball court too.

I think Dan Merrett was our quuckest over 20m for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back