Preview Round 19, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Carlton @ Marvel Stadium | Saturday, 24 July @ 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty extreme year he's had. Things can turn quick at the later end of career's but I wouldn't be writing him off yet has had a massively interrupted year.
I’d rather cotton wool him.
Secure Horne.
We achieve nothing really by keeping him in the 1’s.
He didn’t get any lead up games due to covid so I’m just worried he’s coming from a long way back and because he’s a leader he’s expected to play if fit

Have been watching the blues closely and they rely on individuals. We rely on system but also have the individuals to take the game on.

If fatigue isn’t an issue, we should win by 5 goals. Tag Walsh, Ben to Harry. Cunnington to play, I’d bring in Polec or Jed too for fresh legs.

It's a fixed financial sanction.

Jeremy McGovern, West Coast Eagles has been charged with Tripping Tarryn Thomas, North Melbourne, during the fourth quarter of the Round 17 match between the West Coast Eagles and North Melbourne played at Optus Stadium on Monday July 12, 2021.

In summary, he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Tripping (Fixed Financial Sanction). The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

View attachment 1180433

They must have brought this in after Arch retired. He copped weeks for attempted tripping....attempted when he hit Hocking (working of memory here) above the knee with his foot. On top of that he copped a week for attempted striking....not striking but attempted.
They didn't like the way he went about it made him more of a shinboner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a thought but what about Polac to the back line? Give him a specific task, a player to negate.

I'm gunshy about your ideas after you were adamant that we send Larkey there.

Polec is not so great at the 1:1 defensive side. Which would expose us through his man.

IMO it would take away some of his greatest strength while at the same time exploiting some of his weakness.

Hard no from me.

I'm gunshy about your ideas after you were adamant that we send Larkey there.

Polec is not so great at the 1:1 defensive side. Which would expose us through his man.

IMO it would take away some of his greatest strength while at the same time exploiting some of his weakness.

Hard no from me.
I wanted to see what Larkey and McKay could do at different ends of the field, especially in the patch where Larkey couldn't get a kick. He's playing well now but he might be a better backman. Will never know now.

I would still like to try Ben forward. make Tarrant and Walker step up one. Everyone knows we need another tall forward.

Channeling Glendining or Alistair Lynch.

Polac can't have too many strengths as he can't get a game. I thought putting him one out in the goal square might toughen him up a bit and it probably would have been a good idea ten years ago!:)

I wanted to see what Larkey and McKay could do at different ends of the field, especially in the patch where Larkey couldn't get a kick. He's playing well now but he might be a better backman. Will never know now.

I would still like to try Ben forward. make Tarrant and Walker step up one. Everyone knows we need another tall forward.

Polac can't have too many strengths as he can't get a game. I thought putting him one out in the goal square might toughen him up a bit and it probably would have been a good idea ten years ago!:)
So we weaken the backline to get a forward?

This all has real melbourne tanking vibes to it.

Larkey is a forward. He killed it in the VFL. Switching McKay and him would have been robbing and in form Peter to try and get something from an out of form Paul. Point is moot anyway because we are beyond it.

Shaw gave Polec the level of responsibility you are talking about vs Carlton last year where Cripps had 8 of his 16 touches against him including 5 score involvements in a game we lost by 7 points. He is a professional footballer paid a lot of money if he needs to be taught lessons like this is what it is to have the team depend on you to defend then his career is not going to go much beyond his current contract. Them bloke is at his third club and this contract will be the best he ever gets. If it hasn't happened now it won't. Play him to his strengths or not at all. for all intents and purposes it looks like not at all at the moment.

Polec has one position at this club and that is as the attacking winger. He doesn't have the flexibility nor discipline to play any other role.

Absolute luxury player and a symptom of the top up forever mentality of Scott and Joyce. I'd trade him for a pick upgrade.

He could conceivably have played for five teams once his career is done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back