Preview Round 19, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Carlton @ Marvel Stadium | Saturday, 24 July @ 1:45pm

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I'd be plonking Polec on a wing to be frank. It's his best position and we'll need him there next year when Dumont leaves (mentally preparing myself for that :().

LMac on one wing doing the defensive running and Polec on the other delivering inside 50 is probably what Noble wants to experiment with.

I'm also in favour of experimenting with Tazza forward for a quarter or so - I just want to see how it looks before the years up. I reckon McKay and Walker can match up okay against the Carlton bigs.
Hi Frank

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Teague on North Melbourne’s form:

“I think it’s been great. I’m not going to lie, being a former shinboner I keep an eye on them and want them to do well - not this week, sorry all the Shinboner fans. I think David Noble has done a great job. Obviously, they were hit by injuries at the start of the year and they’ve started to get some of their more experienced players back, but then you see the growth of the younger guys and the way that they’re playing. It’s going to be a great challenge for us. They’re in great form and we need to make sure that we continue to focus on what we can control and continue to grow. We’ve got some areas of our game that we want to get better and this week’s another chance to go out there and improve and that’s what we want to do.”

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

“I think it’s been great. I’m not going to lie, being a former shinboner I keep an eye on them and want them to do well - not this week, sorry all the Shinboner fans. I think David Noble has done a great job. Obviously, they were hit by injuries at the start of the year and they’ve started to get some of their more experienced players back, but then you see the growth of the younger guys and the way that they’re playing. It’s going to be a great challenge for us. They’re in great form and we need to make sure that we continue to focus on what we can control and continue to grow. We’ve got some areas of our game that we want to get better and this week’s another chance to go out there and improve and that’s what we want to do.”

“Obviously hit by injuries”

Hello Media Street

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

I’ll always resent how Laidley handled Teague. Should’ve retired a North man. Played as a Shinboner and a super nice bloke to boot.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’ll always resent how Laidley handled Teague. Should’ve retired a North man. Played as a Shinboner and a super nice bloke to boot.

Should've retired a North man?

It's not like we were dealing with Micky Martyn, Corey McKernan, Drew Petrie, Byron or something.

He moved after his third season at the club at 22 years of age to the biggest basket case this century at the time as a guy we drafted in the 4th round of the Rookie Draft.

And they did it to get a favourite son back to the club so HE could retire a North man (McKernan)

I agree he played with guts, but he was a long way from retirement when he left. He left to guaranteed game time at Carlton as much as anything.

Pretty much played 2 more seasons (Won a B&F during their draft penalties years) and was done by 25 years of age.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Should've retired a North man?

It's not like we were dealing with Micky Martyn, Corey McKernan, Drew Petrie, Byron or something.

He moved after his third season at the club at 22 years of age to the biggest basket case this century at the time.

And they did it to get a favourite son back to the club so HE could retire a North man (McKernan)

I‘m aware of who he was and what the trade was.

Teague was barely used in 2003. Carlton and McKernan were happy to see the back of each other and Corey was going to get back to us in the end however it happened.

Believe it or not strong teams aren’t just built on early picks and out and out champions. Teague was developing really nicely under Denis in 2002 and I think he would’ve helped strengthen the sum of our parts in the mid 2000s if he had stayed.

I notice you didn’t mention what his B&F result was at his new club after being traded?

Reginald0

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Very interesting selections coming up

in my opinion
Cannot drop Phillips
Must be in Best 22

I would play Bonar
Can’t see the point of playing Polec in front of these 2

how exac

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au

When he gets the flick - get him to the club.
Even if it’s as a doorman.

Like this post if you can see the rationale in Jared Polec being selected for our last 5 games.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

i hope the rationale is pumping up his trade value

Yep, at the very least. The kicker is - if Jared were to play to a level that really pumped up his trade value, then we’ve got more good options at the end of the season. On the other hand, if Jared doesn’t play at all, there’s no mileage for anyone in that scenario.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In: Ben Cunnington, Jed Anderson, Atu Bosenavulagi
Out: Jack Mahony, Robbie Tarrant, Charlie Lazzaro

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In: Ben Cunnington, Jed Anderson, Atu Bosenavulagi
Out: Jack Mahony, Robbie Tarrant, Charlie Lazzaro

Welcome back Jed!!! Straight to cripps thanks

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app