Preview Round 19, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Carlton @ Marvel Stadium | Saturday, 24 July @ 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I was told second hand from an inner scrote earlier in the year he wouldn't play for North again. Had my doubts but it looks like it may be the case.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Not sure why Noble would go out of his way to mention Polec as a possible in this week, if he has been written off by the club months ago…
He still has a year to run on his contract & probably not a whole lot of interest from other clubs at the moment.
I have no doubt he win get a few games before the season is done.
I actually wouldn’t be surprised if he was named sub this week.
An Atley hammy in the first 5 mins might please a few around here…

Yes, confidence is fickle but in this case Laz is a fringe best 22 player and not even if all the team was fit.

He’s a first year player who has shown all the traits that he’ll work hard to become regular best 22. For mine, it’s that simple.

If I had a pick a player where confidence is probably shot, I suspect Will Walker.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep & look how Bard Scott treated him …. Paul Ahern ring a bell ? Or How about Ryan Bastinac perhaps?

My 2nd favourite team. Mum God bless her was a mad Roo. This game will be a bloody good clash, Shinboners have been doing quite well of recent.

ya Ma sounds like she was very sensible , what happened to you ? 😉. Good luck and you can win this one , but enjoy it cause it will be your last for a very long while 😀

Who just happens to be the best tall forward in the comp.

Doesn’t matter anyway, as always it’ll be won in the midfield and our midfield is streets ahead, the problem is our forward line capitalising on that dominance.
So it's actually the forward line that wins or loses the game.

Forgive me Val but I cannot stand this obsession with mid fielders.

There is 18 players on the ground and seven of them are midfielders. I shall make some predictions
  1. Several midfielders will get 30 possessions
  2. the winning team's mid fielders will be given votes despite conceding at least 25 disposals to who ever they play on
  3. if a forward kicks 6 goals that team will win
I never give mid fielders votes.

So it's actually the forward line that wins or loses the game.

Forgive me Val but I cannot stand this obsession with mid fielders.

There is 18 players on the ground and seven of them are midfielders. I shall make some predictions
  1. Several midfielders will get 30 possessions
  2. the winning team's mid fielders will be given votes despite conceding at least 25 disposals to who ever they play on
  3. if a forward kicks 6 goals that team will win
I never give mid fielders votes.

I mean winning the contested ball. We don’t win if we don’t win the majority of contests. Not all teams play like that, Richmond can let teams win the ball and force a turnover but that’s not our go.

I mean winning the contested ball. We don’t win if we don’t win the majority of contests. Not all teams play like that, Richmond can let teams win the ball and force a turnover but that’s not our go.

He turned into diarrhoeaphil pretty quickly.

Yes, confidence is fickle but in this case Laz is a fringe best 22 player and not even if all the team was fit.

He’s a first year player who has shown all the traits that he’ll work hard to become regular best 22. For mine, it’s that simple.

If I had a pick a player where confidence is probably shot, I suspect Will Walker.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unfortunately for Will (and us), anyone’s confidence would be shot after being plagued by so much injury at such a young age. At least JWS managed to get on the park for a full season. Will has been literally cursed. What a shame for him… and us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Laz did enough to keep his spot i thought . Desperately unlucky.
Hope he doesn’t become our version of an easy drop target & revolving door . It’s a great way of killing a kid’s confidence & kill off his career super quick .
This is something that nuff nuff of a coach we used to have would do .
It all depends on how’s it’s handled internally. I’m sure Noble didn’t just text Laz with “your playing 2’s” this week.

Any 1st year player that thinks they should be playing ahead of Jed or Ben is an idiot. Jed is the perfect example for young kids, keep working hard and your time will come.

He’s not coming in for Ats, he’s not a lock down defender. As much as Ats has brain explosions he does a lot right.

Last edited:
My 2nd favourite team. Mum God bless her was a mad Roo. This game will be a bloody good clash, Shinboners have been doing quite well of recent.
Make us your first favourite team and you’d be ok 😜

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back