Preview Round 19, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Carlton @ Marvel Stadium | Saturday, 24 July @ 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
First time I have ever been upset the oppositions gun full forward won’t play….. I am getting soft in my old age.

Sure for the McKay twin match up which would have been fun.

But we're now missing McKay/Charlie Curnow/Casboult/McGovern and back ups O MCDonald and Pittonet (ruck but would release De Koning forward). Even Marchbank who is a defender but could go forward or release Jones or Weitering forward.

Crazy that we have 7 talls injured, including our best 4 tall forwards.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sure for the McKay twin match up which would have been fun.

But we're now missing McKay/Charlie Curnow/Casboult/McGovern and back ups O MCDonald and Pittonet (ruck but would release De Koning forward). Even Marchbank who is a defender but could go forward or release Jones or Weitering forward.

Crazy that we have 7 talls injured, including our best 4 tall forwards.

Just had Digby Morell on the wireless 😉

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not so sure - the Hawks can still beat the Pies.

If we have 1 win in the next 4 then we could be 2 points behind the Crows going into the last round. They would 100% tank for Horne.

Crows are tanking for Horne hard already.

Even if they finish above 18th i think they will put a trade package together for the first pick which could be huge.

Shagga is all Class

Premiership Player
May 15, 2005
Beneath the Blue and White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Crows are tanking for Horne hard already.

Even if they finish above 18th i think they will put a trade package together for the first pick which could be huge.

Horne Cup sounds better than Kreuzer Cup.

As legend has it, someone in the the Carlton box asked who was on Travis Johnstone (somewhat ironic that he was a #1 pick) as he amassed 40 odd possessions and the answer from the head coach was, "Who cares?".

On that stream, Shaun Atley will get 40 odd touches and Rory Laird 53, so we get Horne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

grimface_87

Premiership Player
May 27, 2008
Melbourne territory
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interesting the 'Squiggle' model rates Tarrant and Mahoney equally important outs for us:

1627024060934.png

Harry bailed, didn't want to get humiliated by Ben.

Harry did say that he would be playing on the best backman, so seeing as Tarrant is out maybe he felt that there was no need to play....or maybe he was just scared of playing on Ben.

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
Time to free our McKay to be the inceptor. Let Walker take the deep forward and we attack with Ben.

Ben's form has been a bit down recently compared to earlier in the season but with his brother out he should look to be a dominating influence.

Really left field would be Ben to the forw.... Won't say it but I would like to see it happen.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It all depends on how’s it’s handled internally. I’m sure Noble didn’t just text Laz with “your playing 2’s” this week.

Any 1st year player that thinks they should be playing ahead of Jed or Ben is an idiot. Jed is the perfect example for young kids, keep working hard and your time will come.

He’s not coming in for Ats, he’s not a lock down defender. As much as Ats has brain explosions he does a lot right.
DF04FB54-BB10-426C-9E2E-4AD6916A766D.gif

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Danger - would have to be something like this and next years 1st. I would prefer Horne. He and Daicos are stand outs.

I dont think we would do it, but if hawthorn finish last they just might.

Hawks need multiple young kids through the door, and would jump at the chance at another first rounder next year (especially if its Adelaides)

I have a good mate at Norwood FC who is well connected in the SANFL who said to me Adelaide will move heaven and earth to get Horne.

Came in about 1/2 way through, spoke about;
. coming off a rookie list
. playing multi positions
. traded to Carltank with Teague so Corey could come home
. coupla good games he played, one v Dogs
. P.E. teacher at Parade college

Also coach of Pascoe vale after a stint at strathmore and west Coburg

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dude. Please.

On exposed form, I’ll give you McKay.
So now we are on a hiding to nothing from the media this coming Monday …
Scenario 1 : We win “ North beat injury riddled brave Blues without McKay “
Scenario 2 : We lose “ hapless Kangas lose to Brave injury riddled Blues “
Scenario 3 : We draw …. * knows …

Remove this Banner Ad

Back