3. TT - 4 goals is amazing but he also had the second highest contested possessions AND meters gained AND tackles. Ridiculous.
2. Larks - Single handedly ended someone's All Australian campaign in his career best game.
1. Scott - Ball usage improved markedly, ramped up his disposal count, had plenty of goal assists and was great in the air yet again when he was down forward.
HM's: Stephenson and Jy very stiff to miss on votes, and then another half dozen players would have had good arguments for inclusion if it was any other week.
3. Thomas - All-round great game. Must have been top 3 players in metres gained, goals, clearances, inside 50s and score involvements. Granted it was against really ordinary defensive pressure, but when he finds space, he almost never makes a mistake. It was so good watching him stream through the wing/centre/HF and delivery silver service to his team or just kick a lazy 4 himself. With his trajectory, he should be AA next year if all goes well.
2. Larkey - Presented well and just pantsed the opposition. Great marking, team-nous, pressure and kicking.
1. Cunnington - Was all over the place at crucial times when the game was there to win. When was the last time the opposition effectively tackled him.
- Taylor - Stepped up massively to apply heaps of pressure across HF and the wing in Mahony's absence. That handball from CHB opened up the Carlton centre and resulted in a goal in the first was deceptively footysmart.
- Simpkin - So composed gets everywhere and could have been in the votes. Hardly ever makes a mistake.
- Hall - Another great game mopping up and collecting in the back half and propelling our offense.
- Goldstein - Another great game monstering the opposition. He had 11 hitouts to advantage at half time.
- Zurhaar - Continues in purple patch of form with another great game.
- LDU - While on the whole he didn't have a stellar game, every single time he had the ball, he took the game on. Part of me wants to applaud DN for this instruction. It was was a heap of our playmakers I feel were lacking in the Scott era. Part of me kind of wants him to slow down and bring a bit of thinking when he is bulling his way through congestion.
- Phillips - I felt this was his best game for the club and it was really disappointing for him not to capitalise fully on his smarts and hard work when the game opened up in the third/fourth quarter. Great skills and smarts here. For those doubting and looking at Cox, Perkins and others having good years, we have one hell of a player here. He stood up big time in the middle with key bits of play that propelled our attacks forward.
*EDIT Scott - One of the best games he has played and made excellent choices all game and used the ball really well. He still may yet be our best, most consistent young player in future.
*SECOND EDIT - Stephenson did well with his first half goals but also lifted playing on the middle. Artu I thought showed some really good signs. Loved his run and carry.