Game Day Round 19 2021 vs Geelong, MCG, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the production we're getting out of Rioli as a half back versus Liam Baker as a small forward really does highlight how hard it is to play in the forward pocket

I’m still not a fan of this year’s version of Lynch. I know that he still kicks goals, but he doesn’t really do much other than that. We don’t see him take a lot of strong marks or kick bags very often.
You try being a key forward against a good defence with this sort of delivery

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's not a good user though. He looked so good in year 1 as an inside mid but I can't help but think we butchered his development.

Agree Jack Ross doesn't look close to the strong, confident and good skilled player he was in year 1.

The poor development has played a big part.

1 arsey goal to half time…

Season done. Doesn’t matter if we win the last 4 and make the finals, we are way off it… need a full reinvention over the off season, fit playing list, a new coaching panel to support Hardwick and a strong trade/draft period.

honestly, don’t want to sound like a sore loser but I can’t stomach watching our games anymore. Between umpiring I can’t understand and any semblance of skill, heart or spark in the way we play it is just hard work, not entertaining and even boring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You try being a key forward against a good defence with this sort of delivery

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lynch has had some shockers this year, but hard to pin this on him. This is the worst midfield we have put together since 2011 imo. We concede so many easy center clearance and seem to put no pressure on the ball going back. And then when we go forward, we're just so slow.

Common Man, you're better than that. We are crap don't use injuries like that. Totally putrid.

Again, yeah, what impact could half a team missing including 4 of your starting defence possibly have. Garthwaite, Stack, Mansell SHOULD BE TEARING THEM UP.

Write the year off, just a really disrupted season through both COVID and the plethora of injuries we’ve had. As others have said, just gather as many high end picks as we can and draft the next generation of players. need midfielders badly on watching games, bigger bodied ones.
And for God’s sake MC, drop Castagna and Aarts

Can’t expect to score when we consistently kick long bombs deep. Easy to defend. Lower the eyes and get Lynch in particular running at the ball carrier.

We continue to not use the free man available on the overlap and instead kick long to a flat footed tall inside 50. Not sure why when we don’t have a damaging small forward to crumb either.

we have a few that just aren’t up to senior footy right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back