Game Day Round 19 2021 vs Geelong, MCG, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ppl sticking it to Tom Lynch have sweet f ck all idea tbh. This is the worst display of fwd 50 entry and general ball movement in the fwd half of the ground you could wish for.
How many times did we mark it 70 out. Ignore the call to go long. Fail to find an option shorter, only to go long. But no....he isn't clunking mark of the year in 6 man packs so he must be a spud.
Amazing.
Kicking it into the man on the mark is spud worthy behaviour I’m afraid

There's no point playing aarts though.
Hes not good enough.
Depth player who can come in and play a role.
Much better with ralphsmith

So why does he fly around to look international sporting teams for advice... lol
Ralphsmith is a half back/ winger when Aarts is a small forward, we are already playing one small forward down with Lynch and Chol both playing and a taller player like Ralphsmith would make us even slower and predictable if the ball hits the deck

I agree Aarts isn’t up to it but we don’t have anyone to fill the hole with the other key injuries we have around the ground otherwise we would be able to have guys like Edwards, Lambert and Bolton do it
But they are needed in our midfield right now

I get the disappointment shown here by a lot of you. It's a hard pill to swallow coming off a premiership and looking like we won't contest this year at all but we have to understand the situation the team is in this year. At least 9 of our best players are out and we have missed 5-9 of them all year and the rest are banged up. Not many other teams would be in this position with a banged up list like that. On top of that the club as internally acknowledged that they made the wrong decision not hiring another assistant despite the $100k fine. Last week was an excellent win given the players available but those wins you can't do every week against the best teams with young inexperienced team. We have had a few of those wins in the last couple of years but the cavalry returned not long after, not this year.

It's ok this isn't the end, this year has been a shocker but not at the fault of the team. We will freshen up ready for a red hot crack next year.

i mean

i just cant understand what people expected?

geelong are one of the best 3 teams in the league and are gearing up for a prelim/grand final push

we got towled up by st kilda, gold coast and collingwood in the last 4 games.

yes we got up and beat brisbane, this was a supreme effort that no one can take away from the team. but they also were playing the first game without key bookends at either side of the ground, like us when we lost rance, it generally takes some time to plug holes when important players go down

speaking of which its our fist game without dusty in the middle.

we also are playing with 6-8 walk up starting players either not playing due to injury or have just come back.

take a third of a teams walk up players out of their list and most will struggle.

I cannot understand why people just couldnt accept that its just not our year, injuries have plagued us all year, i cant remember a game where we didnt lose another player to injury before the next game started, we simply cannot get any consistency in the team week in week out. if we had a reasonably fit team playign week in week out, then i expect underperforming players like george and aarts would have been dropped.

Ppl sticking it to Tom Lynch have sweet f ck all idea tbh. This is the worst display of fwd 50 entry and general ball movement in the fwd half of the ground you could wish for.
How many times did we mark it 70 out. Ignore the call to go long. Fail to find an option shorter, only to go long. But no....he isn't clunking mark of the year in 6 man packs so he must be a spud.
Amazing.
Yes our inside 50s have been ordinary but Lynch isn’t presenting himself well inside 50 with his running patterns and fumbles too many easy to medium difficulty marks. He’s not the only one to blame but is not blameless in my opinion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HRS,,cumberland rioli,, dow,, ******* anyone
You watched much vfl this year?
Cumberland and Rioli are far off the pace, Hugo isn’t a forward and Dow was in the side a few weeks ago and did less than Aarts

This has nothing to do with the skills of the players on the park. They are absolutely hopeless!

Do you wanna throw any other meaningless BF jargon in there? Where is our plan B? Why isn't Hardwick swinging the magnets?

Dare, dash and decision-making are all vital cogs in the skill machine. We have no confidence, we don't believe we can hit the kick as we don't have that impenetrable belief in ourselves anymore. It's a bad season. It happens.

Reset for next year I reckon,
I think after 3 flags we are entitled to a poor one.

Games like this will tell us a lot about who is part of our future and who isn't. Right now I do not think Jack Ross should be...
if he was played in his correct position he would be best 22 every week
but we have destroyed his development,,

I reckon dimma should just tell the players to man up and try and beat your direct opponent. Nothing else really to do

Yeah it could be worth Dimma just saying go out there and play on at every chance. Except for inside 50, do not go back to take your kick. Get the ball moving forward and get the ball to the ground.

Four gettable games coming up.

Not over just yet.

Exactly. Awful today but can easily not lose a game after this.

no gas left in the tank ?
Who’s knows, maybe they’re cooked, maybe injuries have played a little factor, maybe the change in rotations has benefited the types of players Geelong has, maybe they just want it more than us

Do you wanna throw any other meaningless BF jargon in there? Where is our plan B? Why isn't Hardwick swinging the magnets?

Dare, dash and decision-making are all vital cogs in the skill machine. We have no confidence, we don't believe we can hit the kick as we don't have that impenetrable belief in ourselves anymore. It's a bad season. It happens.
plan b is a myth there is no such thing

Play the kids!! (Even though a lot of the side are kids)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back