Game Day Round 19 2021 vs Geelong, MCG, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think like most of us the first reaction is frustration.
But reality is I tipped Geelong to win this easily, yea we have a stack of injuries but also we just havenā€™t turned up this year for a variety of unknown reasons (hunger? Tired?)

I still believe we will be fine king term, may as well play the kids and rest our aging stars and get them right for next season, hit the draft here and maybe get in a gun or two.

I think we can compete again next season

I get the disappointment shown here by a lot of you. It's a hard pill to swallow coming off a premiership and looking like we won't contest this year at all but we have to understand the situation the team is in this year. At least 9 of our best players are out and we have missed 5-9 of them all year and the rest are banged up. Not many other teams would be in this position with a banged up list like that. On top of that the club as internally acknowledged that they made the wrong decision not hiring another assistant despite the $100k fine. Last week was an excellent win given the players available but those wins you can't do every week against the best teams with young inexperienced team. We have had a few of those wins in the last couple of years but the cavalry returned not long after, not this year.

It's ok this isn't the end, this year has been a shocker but not at the fault of the team. We will freshen up ready for a red hot crack next year.
Funny that it was stated from day 1 that the fine would cost a job. Like the AFL told them to respect the fine and not just pay the tax. For a rich team I canā€™t understand why we didnā€™t just pay the taxā€¦

Ralphsmith is a half back/ winger when Aarts is a small forward, we are already playing one small forward down with Lynch and Chol both playing and a taller player like Ralphsmith would make us even slower and predictable if the ball hits the deck

I agree Aarts isnā€™t up to it but we donā€™t have anyone to fill the hole with the other key injuries we have around the ground otherwise we would be able to have guys like Edwards, Lambert and Bolton do it
But they are needed in our midfield right now
Ralphsmith kicked 2 as a forward early.in the year.
Hes a better option.

When you don't get output from a small forward and say we can't put anyone else in because we don't have any in the vfl that's a very short-sighted view.

Rioli is a forward. He's gone back. Astbury was a forward. He's gone back.
Bake was a back, he's forward

Try something different.
Positions can be learned on the run

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the club and we will bounce back.

No eat our own in here.

I used to be a darksider a long time ago,gets you fuggin nowhere.

Positive mind power!
Iā€™ve been on this fourum for many years smasha and have always enjoyed and appreciated your posts - often a little paranoid šŸ˜, but always so passionate and truly believing in the Tigers.

Thank you for your clarity. šŸ‘šŸ¼

Ralphsmith kicked 2 as a forward early.in the year.
Hes a better option.

When you don't get output from a small forward and say we can't put anyone else in because we don't have any in the vfl that's a very short-sighted view.

Rioli is a forward. He's gone back. Astbury was a forward. He's gone back.
Bake was a back, he's forward

Try something different.
Positions can be learned on the run
Who do you drag forward right now?
We have holes all over the ground from injury and we have already done that with baker who was the most likely for the role

Gentlemen, I know it hurts.

But here are all our players that missed significant time due to injury, or never got on the park this year:

Astbury
Balta
Bolton
Broad
CCJ
Cotchin
Edwards
Houli
Lambert
Lynch
Martin
McIntosh
Nankervis
Prestia
Vlaustin
Soldo

That's 16. Fifteen of which are absolute best 22 locks - if you include Soldo. Yes, we have some of that cavalry back now. But injury interrupted seasons mean that key players, the ordinary BF nuffies from the main board or other club forums may not recognise, have been well down. We can't keep fighting the fight every week, especially as this week Cotchin and Edwards have already copped what look like pretty significant knocks.

We are trying, we do care. We just aren't good enough at the moment, and have key players out of form or missing. There are small lights at the end of this tunnel though - Mansell is getting better every week. Rioli is beginning to show signs that he could be a damaging Saad style half back.

We desperately need midfield depth. Cerra had 30 & 2 goals today. Yet most of the boffins in the trade and fa thread deem him a vanilla player worth nothing more than a straight swap for McIntosh. It is blindingly obvious. We need him, and we need another extractor. It has to be the area we address first. We simply cannot go with big bodied, deep midfields. Hopper would be ideal, but it won't happen.
Spot on, Cerra is quality. Not sure why all the doubts as is Hopper but less likely to get to tiges. And play RCD and Dow and Ralphsmith. Donā€™t just bring them in for a week or so and break them. Give them a chance, it canā€™t get any worse than our current midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back