Preview Round 19, 2021: West Coast v St.Kilda - Optus Stadium, Saturday 24th July, 4:35PM AEST *SHARMAN DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Eagles

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • Saints

Votes: 20 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Mohr

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
I didn't know McGuane was a rapper.
He was known for his rap dancing in Tassie when he went down there and coached the Burnie Dockers all those years ago. Very light on his feet...especially after a few injections......I believe he may have won some sort of competition in a nightclub. So not just a pretty face.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Anyone see Simpson's weird comments about picking more private school kids whose parents are still together?

Screenshot_20210723-144251.png

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
West Coast have always been the private school club, they recruit from Aquinas, Scotch, Wesley, Hale etc.

Can't talk about those private schools in terms of footy but I played against a few of them in rugby and they were soft as butter, club junior teams destroyed them.

luca77

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2010
Japan
AFL Club
St Kilda
West Coast have always been the private school club, they recruit from Aquinas, Scotch, Wesley, Hale etc.

Can't talk about those private schools in terms of footy but I played against a few of them in rugby and they were soft as butter, club junior teams destroyed them.
It's all pretty meaningless anyway. I remember the private schools offered massive scholarships to the top footballers, so it didn't mean they're from wealthy, stable families or good students or even soft really or anything like that. That doesn't make Simpson's comments any less strange though.

Yeah maybe local footy is a bit more rough, especially up in country vic but when you're talking about the cream of the crop, don't think it really matters if they're wearing a uniform monday to friday or not.

Bill Mohr

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wasnt too bad a side. A guy named Daniel Healy kicked 6 also. I was there a few yrs later when we caused a massive upset must have won by a point or 2 then. Wasnt the weagles crowd pissed off , a few of then started pulling down street signs outside the ground, wrecked a bit of gear inside the ground as well.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wasnt too bad a side. A guy named Daniel Healy kicked 6 also. I was there a few yrs later when we caused a massive upset must have won by a point or 2 then. Wasnt the weagles crowd pissed off , a few of then started pulling down street signs outside the ground, wrecked a bit of gear inside the ground as well.
Back in the day, I flew across for business on the Sunday and spent the afternoon in a super box at Subiaco drinking up on someone else’s tab. We lost but I took great satisfaction in how quiet they got in the third when Plugger got amongst it.
Then ended up in Freo at some pub with my Saints scarf around my neck, pretending to be depressed by my team losing after having flown all that way that morning to watch them.
One of my most enjoyable nights ever. Seemed every second woman wanted to mother me. 😂😂😂
Monday was very very slow…..

Bill Mohr

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
Back in the day, I flew across for business on the Sunday and spent the afternoon in a super box at Subiaco drinking up on someone else’s tab. We lost but I took great satisfaction in how quiet they got in the third when Plugger got amongst it.
Then ended up in Freo at some pub with my Saints scarf around my neck, pretending to be depressed by my team losing after having flown all that way that morning to watch them.
One of my most enjoyable nights ever. Seemed every second woman wanted to mother me. 😂😂😂
Monday was very very slow…..
Never got a victory there often but it was a massive headspin when we won , knowing that you could smirk at a whole city for the rest of the year.

Leigh58

Saint1966-2021
Jun 7, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
I thought it was the best era of footy because I was a kid, but it actually was the best era. Less tactics, less media saturation...actually made it a better game. And we had some great cult hero type players.
No it wasn't.
The best era was definitely the mid 1960's to early 1970's.

Leigh58

Saint1966-2021
Jun 7, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Some of us didn't get to see that one.
Believe me. I was young then also. Memories from then are absolutely superb.
Characters. Heroes & villains everywhere, tribalism, footy streamers, superb banners, balloons, footy records, ripped up pages from the phone directory, colours, little / less advertising.
Turn up at 11am for the reserves.
More loyalty. Less about TV and money...Not much focus on off field crap.

51 cents return ticket from Box Hill to Moorabbin!

Tough but somehow innocent then.
Plus the red, white & black won heaps of games! Superb era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back