Preview Round 19, 2021: West Coast v St.Kilda - Optus Stadium, Saturday 24th July, 4:35PM AEST *SHARMAN DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Eagles

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • Saints

Votes: 20 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Kennedy may be out with a calf (late change in today's game v Adelaide).

We have the extra day break and play a side who are horribly inconsistent and poor at home. Huge opportunity to get a win here in what is our final interstate game of the year.

Winner could be in the 8 by next Saturday night.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Looks like Kennedy may be out with a calf (late change in today's game v Adelaide).

We have the extra day break and play a side who are horribly inconsistent and poor at home. Huge opportunity to get a win here in what is our final interstate game of the year.

Rumour has it we will play freo there the next week. Should be a terrible game. 50/50 if I’ve ever seen one. Outs highmore and McKenzie. In Joyce and stuffed if I know.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Rumour has it we will play freo there the next week. Should be a terrible game. 50/50 if I’ve ever seen one. Outs highmore and McKenzie. In Joyce and stuffed if I know.
I recognise what a nightmare the fixture is to do with all these lockdowns but having our home game against Freo swapped would hurt.

They are a much better side at home compared to when they travel. Would change it from us being comfortable favourites to them being slight favourites.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
I recognise what a nightmare the fixture is to do with all these lockdowns but having our home game against Freo swapped would hurt.

They are a much better side at home compared to when they travel. Would change it from us being comfortable favourites to them being slight favourites.
It would certainly hurt but I’m prepared to accept it’s nearly impossible to do the fixture at the moment.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
West Coast are likely to be FAR closer to full strength than us and playing at home, and Shuey and Yeo will be a week closer to full fitness.

They might have played some bad games over there this year, but if they get their form back today (or next week), they could very easily be back to their usual selves at home, and if so, we’re going to be up against it.

Their midfield looms pretty ominously:

Natanui
Shuey
Kelly
Yeo
Sheed
Gaff

I cannot see us winning there, tbh, although I see on the news that the head of the nursing association (!) is calling for it to be crowd-free because of what’s happening everywhere with quick spreading.
I have no doubt Mark McGowan will not do us any favours when it suits him, and will allow them to have a crowd.

Not allowing myself any hope on this one. Unfortunately. Think it’ll take a miracle. So they have one less day then we do but are in their own beds whilst we are in hard lockdown.

I cannot see us winning there, tbh, although I see on the news that the head of the nursing association (!) is calling for it to be crowd-free because of what’s happening everywhere with quick spreading.
I have no doubt Mark McGowan will not do us any favours when it suits him, and will allow them to have a crowd.

Not allowing myself any hope on this one. Unfortunately. Think it’ll take a miracle. So they have one less day then we do but are in their own beds whilst we are in hard lockdown.
I don't think being in lockdown matters much. West Coast are so inconsistent and flaky that I can easily see us winning. They are downhill skiers, if we bring the same intensity as we did against Brisbane I won't be surprised if we win.

I don't think being in lockdown matters much. West Coast are so inconsistent and flaky that I can easily see us winning. They are downhill skiers, if we bring the same intensity as we did against Brisbane I won't be surprised if we win.

If they beat Crows away, which is a good possibility, they will have their mojo back.

If they beat Crows away, which is a good possibility, they will have their mojo back.
Nah I don't trust them regardless of what happens today, because this season for them has always been about inconsistency. They had a stirring win against the Tigers and then backed it up with a 10 goal loss to the Bulldogs at home and then a 15 goal thrashing against the Swans the week after that followed by what happened to them against North at home last week.

Their whole season is full of the same stuff. Beat Collingwood by 5 goals earlier in the year then backed it up with a 97 point loss against Geelong. Everywhere you look...they just can't be trusted.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Two must win games in Perth in a week. Yikes.

Starting to feel like finals are gone. Will take a monumental effort to make it from here.

Still, will just enjoy watching us while I can in this crazy covid world.

botts

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
Has highmore actually broken his hand? I still haven’t heard anything from the club

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Has highmore actually broken his hand? I still haven’t heard anything from the club
Ratts said he was going for scans in his press conference and was very unlikely to travel to Perth. If it is broken, would likely need surgery.

Nothing has been said beyond that. There is a twitter rumour going around that it was mentioned in the press conference he was out for the season, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
West Coast are likely to be FAR closer to full strength than us and playing at home, and Shuey and Yeo will be a week closer to full fitness.

They might have played some bad games over there this year, but if they get their form back today (or next week), they could very easily be back to their usual selves at home, and if so, we’re going to be up against it.

Their midfield looms pretty ominously:

Natanui
Shuey
Kelly
Yeo
Sheed
Gaff
Jones needs to have a big one. His speed will trouble that midfield.

When him and Butler got on top against them earlier in the year, they had no answers.

Minga

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
Even if we had won the Port game, this is the more important one out of the two, due to ladder position. Get it done, and dismantle the Eagles who are presumably coming off a win against the crows.

Prediction: Marshall to have a killer game around the ground, Billings, Jones and Byrnes to be solid on the outside run, and King to replicate his form against the Eagles earlier this year. Go Saints!

Nah I don't trust them regardless of what happens today, because this season for them has always been about inconsistency. They had a stirring win against the Tigers and then backed it up with a 10 goal loss to the Bulldogs at home and then a 15 goal thrashing against the Swans the week after that followed by what happened to them against North at home last week.

Their whole season is full of the same stuff. Beat Collingwood by 5 goals earlier in the year then backed it up with a 97 point loss against Geelong. Everywhere you look...they just can't be trusted.

You could be talking about us.
And honestly, I don’t trust us either!

You could be talking about us.
And honestly, I don’t trust us either!
That's why I wouldn't be surprised if we win!

Which versions of St.Kilda & West Coast show up...we are the side in better form lately so I will put my money on us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back