Preview Round 19, 2021: West Coast v St.Kilda - Optus Stadium, Saturday 24th July, 4:35PM AEST *SHARMAN DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Eagles

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • Saints

Votes: 20 45.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'll sit this game out. Been 25-30 degrees in Ireland for the last couple of weeks, and it looks like we'll get the weekend out of it. It's better than staying tuned in to a rollercoaster ride that'll most likely derail and injure my mental stability. I have children and a wife to consider, plus my tan is really coming on.
See ya's in the other side mutha*as

I think I'll sit this game out. Been 25-30 degrees in Ireland for the last couple of weeks, and it looks like we'll get the weekend out of it. It's better than staying tuned in to a rollercoaster ride that'll most likely derail and injure my mental stability. I have children and a wife to consider, plus my tan is really coming on.
See ya's in the other side muthafu**as

Have fun for the rest of us.

West Coast are going to attempt to tag Steele with Hutchings coming in this week.

They've brought in Waterman too, probably hoping to expose our backline's lack of height but that could be a weakness for them too if we can outrun them.

We should have the edge on them for speed especially with their quickest player Petruccelle out injured.

It’ll be interesting to see who goes into the wing rotation to replace McKenzie. There’s definitely one too many half back flankers in that team so probably one of Coffield, Connolly or Hill will move up you’d think. I’d be surprised if they took Hill out of half back. Wouldn’t mind Connolly a bit higher up the ground with more of his kicking inside 50.

They've brought in Waterman too, probably hoping to expose our backline's lack of height but that could be a weakness for them too if we can outrun them.

We should have the edge on them for speed especially with their quickest player Petruccelle out injured.
They are notoriously poor once the ball hits the ground. Need Butler, Long and Kent all on to give us a chance in that area.

Coff will have to play on Waterman - similar heights so at least he isnt being completely outsized like he was on Darling last year.

Petruccelle is a big loss for them.

Not having Rowan Marshall in our side is a massive loss. We're a better side when he is playing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 7.13.53 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 7.13.53 pm.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 59
How do we see the backline matchups?
Howard - kennedy
Clav - Allen
Wilkie - Darling
Webster - Ryan

What about Cripps? Sinclair? Could always put Long on him too if he isn't playing up forward.

Petruccelle is a big loss for them.

Likewise Shuey.

I think we can get the edge on them in the midfield as long as Paddy is in the ruck, just need our defence and forward line to step up and at least match them.

It’ll be interesting to see who goes into the wing rotation to replace McKenzie. There’s definitely one too many half back flankers in that team so probably one of Coffield, Connolly or Hill will move up you’d think. I’d be surprised if they took Hill out of half back. Wouldn’t mind Connolly a bit higher up the ground with more of his kicking inside 50.
I would have thought Connolly was a winger anyway so why not just put him there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Cripps? Sinclair? Could always put Long on him too if he isn't playing up forward.

Likewise Shuey.

I think we can get the edge on them in the midfield as long as Paddy is in the ruck, just need our defence and forward line to step up and at least match them.
Nic nat won the hitouts last time, Carlisle was backup and Paddy R didnt play but our midfield got right on top. Hopefully those guys can do it again especially now that Dunstan has made the midfield stronger. I thing they will play a tagging game because their midfield has not been as good as it could be of late.

As good as ins as we can muster.

Hunter must have as little time rucking against Nic Nat as we can get.
Nicnat is slow around the ground and doesnt do a lot after the hit outs, Hunter is probably slower so I think we are hoping he can break even here and there. Having said that NN is probably the best ruck in the comp

Probably because it was a Tuesday night and they weren't p.ating until Saturday. I'm not sure how much he had to drink, but even if he had a big night, how long do your hangovers last?

On SM-T290 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not only that, he was apparently only there for 45 minutes. That's what, 2 pints? 3 if you're chucking them down. Complete non-issue.

That is a seriously weak Eagles team.

We are half a chance here. It would be a win for the ages.

I hope that Paddy takes every Centre bounce then moves forward with Hunter taking around the ground. We need Paddy to be a point of difference forward for us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back