Game Day Round 19, 2021: West Coast v St.Kilda *SHARMAN DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We should be beating this mob with or without Marshall if we are serious about finals.

Unfortunately we haven't been all season, so probably see a performance similar to the port/swans one.

Yeah tend to agree. Maybe 30% chance of a win today, requires a few things to go right.

* Hunter needs to break even with whoever he rucks against, especially in his time against NicNat.
* Steele + Crouch + Dunstan + Jones need to beat Yeo + Kelly + Sheed + whoever at the coalface, otherwise they'll get easy entries and our backs will be in trouble.
* Need some spark on the outside from Billings, Hill, Byrnes, Sinclair, maybe Connolly - that's what dropped off in the second half last week.
* King needs to beat some kid called Harry Edwards.
* Someone needs to keep McGovern accountable, maybe Long should run around with him and be annoying?
* Clav needs to have an OK game against (probably) Allen and not get monstered.
* Membrey needs to bounce back from a really quiet one and be dangerous against their small backline.

All doable but just going to depend on the mental side, which we haven't been strong in this year.

Yeah tend to agree. Maybe 30% chance of a win today, requires a few things to go right.

* Hunter needs to break even with whoever he rucks against, especially in his time against NicNat.
* Steele + Crouch + Dunstan + Jones need to beat Yeo + Kelly + Sheed + whoever at the coalface, otherwise they'll get easy entries and our backs will be in trouble.
* Need some spark on the outside from Billings, Hill, Byrnes, Sinclair, maybe Connolly - that's what dropped off in the second half last week.
* King needs to beat some kid called Harry Edwards.
* Someone needs to keep McGovern accountable, maybe Long should run around with him and be annoying?
* Clav needs to have an OK game against (probably) Allen and not get monstered.
* Membrey needs to bounce back from a really quiet one and be dangerous against their small backline.

All doable but just going to depend on the mental side, which we haven't been strong in this year.
The game above the shoulders is the biggest worry- it cost us against the Crows and PA in the last quarters and nearly the Magpie game.

When we’re good, we‘re really f…ing good, when we‘re bad, we’re bloody dismal.
Who turns up for the game today? Going to go for the good one we’re we’ll put the weagles to the sword & win by 34pts.

Yeah, there aren't many as fluctuating as us. It's really a lottery as to what side is going to show up. If the good Saints show up we win this. If the lazy flaky guys show up we lose. Some games the good ones show up but leave at 3/4 time.

We’re going to have to play our strangulation defensive game to win. Let’s face it we just don’t seem to be able to kick goals atm.
the only thing I like Hunter in for is to give Paddy some kind of a breather.
Ben Long becomes important. Cannot let them rebound or walk out of our forward half. Clav has to be accountable.

Going to be very tough to win this, but West Coast have lost to worst teams at home this year so no reason why we can't win too.

And can the forward please kick straight today. West Coast are such an accurate team. If we kick at our usual standard, we will have no hope of keeping up with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off topic, sorry, but I can't believe the dees/dogs game isn't on free to air here in Brisbane. Top two teams on a Saturday night deep in the season, wtf? 😳 Olympics on all four channel 7 variations. 😠 I have kayo so can see the game but that means staring at my phrickin phone for 6 hours straight after watching the Saints game as well. 🙄

It's so hard being me.

The midfield battle will be crucial. that's where the Bulldogs and North won the game when they beat West Coast in Perth.

Winning in the midfield also helps to take the pressure off our defence who will be under the pump with Kennedy, Darling, Allen, Cripps and Ryan.

Our forwards need to step up and nail their shots on goal to create some scoreboard pressure, can't afford to waste chances like we have in other games this year.

Off topic, sorry, but I can't believe the dees/dogs game isn't on free to air here in Brisbane. Top two teams on a Saturday night deep in the season, wtf? 😳 Olympics on all four channel 7 variations. 😠 I have kayo so can see the game but that means staring at my phrickin phone for 6 hours straight after watching the Saints game as well. 🙄

It's so hard being me.

You can watch kayo on a computer or iPad too. Should be able to get it on Apple TV or Chromecast devices too.

Relatively new here, and I have never picked up on what ECO/ECI means? Emotionally checked out/in maybe? lol
Spot on.
There’s a special thread for ECO if you need it… 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back