Game Day Round 19, 2021: West Coast v St.Kilda *SHARMAN DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

why do we persist with Membrey behind the ball with 2 minutes to go of every quarter every week

We end up breaking down going forward and getting hurt on the Rebound.

sh*t qtr.

Midfield getting smashed. Ryder coming back on hurt us in the end.

100%

Hunter was helping once the ball hit the deck with a bit of body carnage. Dunny needs to get goal side at stoppages. Kelly is destroying us

We’ve got 15 players unavailable. No excuse, but makes it hard.
Yep, and I’d say 14 of them would have been in the team today (not as a collective, but individually) had they been fit, available and in any sort of form.

So I’m not sure what anyone expected.

Sure if the good West Coast hadn’t shown up and we’d played out of our skins we might have snuck over the line, but West Coast have been on all game, and once they enact “flat-track bully mode”, with that crowd behind them, they’re ridiculously hard to stop.

would love to see the wide shot of the ground instead of the close ups.

You actually wouldn't.

Part of the reason I stopped going to live games was because week in week out you'd see a lot of people pointing at things and no one doing anything about it.

You see the plans being made to either get the ball or keep the ball and who is then in positions to move, you see that the players also see this and you just watch in horror as nothing matters and the only ones who can impact that go "eh, someone elses problem" and you're just disheartened.

The alternative, and why I was bully on Seb as a player, is because he is one of very a few that actually makes that effort and goes "i see that problem, and I'm going to bust my arse to solve it" instead of one of a few who'd just point and go "man that guy up plz".

And you can generally tell with us just by F50 third, how we're going to go, and in that first quarter; yeah, we have 1v1, it's fine, we have literally anything else and we are bending over and taking it in that F50 in like 90% of situations. This is untenable when you're even in the middle but losing the outside as then the oppo F50 is clean and clear.

We're lucky to not be 3 more goals down given some bottled chances by the Eagles thus far ther's just that much diff in these two quarters in my view.

I guess this is why Dunstan has been out of favour with Ratts, he just can’t run with a player like Kelly, we need to send Jones to him for a hard lock or this is going to blow right out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

e26thEG.gif

I hate how one fortnight of this rubbish is enough to make me completely disregard the last few weeks. God this team is disappointing. The worst is how apathetic I am about it. Seriously I just don’t care. I miss feeling passionate about it.
Haha.. people still think Ratts is the right person to take us forward.. Same crap/same issues since Richo days! Lack of skill and a coherent game plan to keep us competitive for long periods..

I get what you're saying, but it's not the fill ins who are killing us. It's the guys who are best 22 with everyone available.
Hunter rucking helps no one. When Marshall was up forward, we typically look more cohesive.

The lack of a proper 2nd key defender means Wilkie has to play out of his weight division on Darling.

Would much rather Higgins at half forward to help with the forward entires.

All those small 1% things add up against a team like West Coast, especially when their proven star players are all on song.

Haha.. people still think Ratts is the right person to take us forward.. Same crap/same issues since Richo days! Lack of skill and a coherent game plan to keep us competitive for long periods..

Every time we lose it’s the correct aches fault. It’s actually funny. By the way what is the game plan and how can tell from tv.

I swear they’ve hacked 3 kicks out of defence that have magically ended up with a teammate. We do it and the opposition are lining up. They have had some great bounces as well. These sort of things seem to go the Eagles way in Perth. Umpires haven’t even started yet. Hard to beat them there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back