Autopsy Round 19, 2021: West Coast v St.Kilda *SHARMAN DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

All this talk about our backline needing another KPD, I don’t necessarily agree.

Sydney as an example have McCartin 193cm and Rampe 188cm as Their key backs.

we’ve struggled a little bit in the last 2 weeks but that’s up against 2 of the biggest forward lines in the comp, and we still could’ve won both. It’s the midfield where we lost both games in the end.

And Geelong and Tigers aren't overly tall down back. May and Lever not huge either.

Our back 6 or the make up of it isn’t the issue.

when the midfield pressure fails or if we can’t halve the contest on an exit ball. Then it comes back and we are legit under the pump.

Sydney are excellent at the above two things.

Jones our only high output mid had * all tackles. Moving Crouch out for Hill took a guy who's actually been good at the two way stuff this year for Hill who is the opposite, he gets on his bike and goes.

Jones our only high output mid had fu** all tackles. Moving Crouch out for Hill took a guy who's actually been good at the two way stuff this year for Hill who is the opposite, he gets on his bike and goes.
Jones did lay a couple of big bumps

And Geelong and Tigers aren't overly tall down back. May and Lever not huge either.
It's their system really. We've gotta see if the coaches can utilise the pieces we have now. Dougs is the one with the height to take any of the biggest forwards but isn't quite the stand and wrestle brute force type, he has intercepting power and has the pace to play loose and still close the distance on his man and spoil. Joyce and Clavarino seem like they could be the backup keys, Highmore and Coffield the interceptors. Wilkie could play either role. I'm sure with a good strategic mind there's a winning formula amongst all that.

EMJpGpp.jpg

So….has Sharman got one game to his name already without having kicked a ball in anger?
Very weird, this whole medi-sub thing.
Get rid of it, I say.

I've done a rethink after watching the replay. Like most people my immediate thought after the game was that if Marshall plays we win. I'm not so sure now. Make no mistake I still think a fit Marshall is our most 'valuable player'. But somehow I can't see King still kicking 6 if Marshall was resting up forward.

I just think it was the break out game King needed and we had all been hanging out for. Maybe for King's development and confidence it was perhaps a blessing Marshall missed out.

That's not to say they can't work well together in the future. Of course they can.

I just feel that the circumstances let us finally see that perhaps we now have a new 'most valuable' player.

I hope Max takes a lot of confidence out of that game but I’m still shocked at the arrogance of how long they kept a complete potato on him... utter disdain shown to Max and us in general considering their precarious position in the 8.

Looking forward to the eagles bombing out week one of the finals once again in another embarrassing end to a season.

I hope Max takes a lot of confidence out of that game but I’m still shocked at the arrogance of how long they kept a complete potato on him... utter disdain shown to Max and us in general considering their precarious position in the 8.

Looking forward to the eagles bombing out week one of the finals once again in another embarrassing end to a season.

You’d have to thank the media for that. All the miserable sods who blasted King into the ground made Simmo underestimate him. Carlton hopefully put Weitering on Marshall and leave King free too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my view, the media is constantly attacking St Kilda Football Club. No respect given ever. When we lose, it's how good our opponents are. When we win, it's how shocking the opposition is.
Yeah everyone picks on us

In my view, the media is constantly attacking St Kilda Football Club. No respect given ever. When we lose, it's how good our opponents are. When we win, it's how shocking the opposition is.

Last year we got plenty good media.
This year we haven’t deserved much respect.

I think the media fueled too high expectations this season and was disappointed when we didn't deliver to their high expectations.

If we're to be real, we're not a top 4 side.

Reality says we are a mid tier side. Alot of people said we were a 6th-12th team at the start of the year. Having said that, if we hadve kicked ttruly in a few games we'd be well entrenched in the top eight. Maybe even top 6.

I'd suggest we are a building side who have now had finals experience with our young core

Reality says we are a mid tier side. Alot of people said we were a 6th-12th team at the start of the year. Having said that, if we hadve kicked ttruly in a few games we'd be well entrenched in the top eight. Maybe even top 6.

I'd suggest we are a building side who have now had finals experience with our young core

We've been building since 1966 :cool:

I think we are building but we need to play the kids and develop them so we don't lose them.

And everyone’s been creaming over Essendon and they’re barely above us after we’ve had a shocker year
And we’ve had a significantly harder draw.

Give them our draw and us theirs and we’re likely a game or two clear of them.

They’ve played both of the bottom 2 teams twice, while we haven’t played any of the bottom 6 teams twice, and we’ve played 10 games against teams currently in the top 8, while they’ve played just 7.

They’ve beaten one team that’s currently in the top 8, we’ve beaten 3, and could so easily have beaten 3 more, in Geelong, Sydney and Port.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back