Preview Round 19, 2022: North Melbourne v Hawthorn, 23 July 2022, 1.45pm @ Blundstone Arena

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whilst I don’t think Morris was terrible, someone has to go out if Gunston is available.

Phillips has now played three consecutive games in the VFL and is due for a game.

IN: Gunston

OUT: Morris

B: Hardwick, Blanck, Jiath

HB: Scrimshaw, Grainger-Barras, Sicily

C: Morrison, Mitchell, Day

HF: Gunston, Lewis, Moore

F: Breust, McEvoy, Impey

R: Reeves, O’Meara, Newcombe

INT: Maginness, Ward, Nash, MacDonald, Phillips (Sub)

Thank goodness for Richmond, gave North their token win one gets when one sacks one’s coach.

Hawthorn seems to have a habit of handing the bottom placed team a win at the backend of the year. It’s happened the last three years. :oops:

North players are playing for contracts and starting 22 spots now they have a new coach incoming. Plenty to play for. Draft picks won’t matter to a caretaker coach either if they want a chance of cementing the role. The Board, sponsors and members want wins, draft picks won’t be a KPI in this audition.

Hawks by a goal in a big wet freeze in Hobart.

Whilst I don’t think Morris was terrible, someone has to go out if Gunston is available.

Phillips has now played three consecutive games in the VFL and is due for a game.

IN: Gunston

OUT: Morris

B: Hardwick, Blanck, Jiath

HB: Scrimshaw, Grainger-Barras, Sicily

C: Morrison, Mitchell, Day

HF: Gunston, Lewis, Moore

F: Breust, McEvoy, Impey

R: Reeves, O’Meara, Newcombe

INT: Maginness, Ward, Nash, MacDonald, Phillips (Sub)
I’d rather play the guys on the fringes to see what they’ve got in the last 5 games, but winning is more important to Sam than it is to me at this stage

Our midfield is so poor that we need to be at the pointy end of this draft to improve it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd have to say Gunston for Morris.

6 day break. May be some other sore bodies.
Must win, then queue in the rack.

Thing about this is Hardwick has had a fantastic fortnight with Morris releasing him...

Morris has also allowed Impey and Day to move forward because Dimma is more attacking.

Honestly, Gunner isn't a walk up after two wins and the year he's had... it's not great optics, but it's just fact.

No change.

PS: next year I don't think we will or should see Bruest, Gunston, Chad and Big Boy all together in the forward mix... Bruest clearly a lock.

Decisions to be made as we rebuild.

They’ve had their sacked coach dead cat bounce, only made possible by a brilliant game from Zurhaar and the Tigers kicking for goal like their bootlaces were tied together.

We need to, and should, win this for our future development rather than worrying about a spot in the draft given the rest of our run home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back