Review Round 19 - Brisbane Lions v Geelong Cats

Who were your five best players against Geelong?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The fine seems about right. You don't want people just taking other players out like that all the time, free kick will often be missed too as it is in play but off the ball. if there is no penalty there, then it just invites the good old fashioned fix up off the ball at a center bounce.

$3500 seems steep, got to deter it though, there is wip lash, back injury, kidney stuff all possible happening there and lets face it, it's going to be the best players targeted with this sort of hit. I'd prefer it not happening to Zorks and beams if possible,
In Robbo's defence, I didn't think he intentionally targeted Dangerfield, it appeared to me that Dangerfield suddenly came into Robbo's path and then he cannoned into him.

In Robbo's defence, I didn't think he intentionally targeted Dangerfield, it appeared to me that Dangerfield suddenly came into Robbo's path and then he cannoned into him.

Yeah I agree, certainly not malicious or worthy of suspension, reckon fine is about right.

Zero chance that I mistook what I saw either, as per the photo earlier on this thread - he connected with a solid hook.
Anyway, you ripper, I really want to beat the Kangas and we will need him.

Looks like we got a fourth division win in Michael Christian’s weekly Lottery!
I also reckon that he saw Robbo tackle someone hard and thought it’s Robbo do he must have done something wrong.

About time we had a bit of luck at the MRP/Tribunal

I really can't remember the last time a Lions player got off anything or successfully appealed a charge.

Actually, I probably can.

There was an "incident" in the early to mid noughties when Johho Brown decked someone after the half time siren. I think it was something to do with the way the charge against him was worded. They basically stuffed it up by alleging that he struck someone "in play"and he got off on the technicality that it couldn't be "in play" since play had stopped when the siren rang......or something like that.

Anyway, good luck to Darcy.

Would have been a big blow to our chances against North given the form he's been in.

Might have got off on a technicality

37886214_2146366062265301_5999511937426128896_n.jpg

GEELONG, AUSTRALIA - JULY 28: Daniel McStay of the Lions appears to hit Sam Menegola of the Cats in an off the ball incident during the round 19 AFL match between the Geelong Cats and the Brisbane Lions at GMHBA Stadium on July 28, 2018 in Geelong, Australia. (Photo by Michael Dodge/Getty Images/AFL Media)

Might have got off on a technicality

View attachment 535847

GEELONG, AUSTRALIA - JULY 28: Daniel McStay of the Lions appears to hit Sam Menegola of the Cats in an off the ball incident during the round 19 AFL match between the Geelong Cats and the Brisbane Lions at GMHBA Stadium on July 28, 2018 in Geelong, Australia. (Photo by Michael Dodge/Getty Images/AFL Media)

Lucky they didn't get him confused for Robinson or it would've been a life ban

but yeah, IMO Docklands is an awful venue.
Its a weird one. There so much about that stadium that is great. Its very easy to get to transport wise. The view from almost every where is fantastic. You dont have to worry about the weather (or shouldnt if the roof is closed). Yet for some reason its just not that great a venue.

Its a weird one. There so much about that stadium that is great. Its very easy to get to transport wise. The view from almost every where is fantastic. You dont have to worry about the weather (or shouldnt if the roof is closed). Yet for some reason its just not that great a venue.
That's how I feel.

If there was a big crowd I could imagine it would rock. But in that cavernous area a smaller crowd is just lost and the noise deadened. and the majority of the tenants of that ground only draw small crowds. Maybe the acoustics are lacking, as weird as that sounds for a football stadium - better acoustics could make a small crowd fill the space a lot better.

For one of the outstanding players carving it up in the NEAFL?
A bit of a dig there in response to an uplifting post, would be nice to see players like cox/Keayes have some continuity rather than the odd game and then judging them as duds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duds? I said no such thing.
None are demanding a spot though.

Definitely letting my tiredness get the best of me, was insinuating that you did just believe that although they aren’t screaming for an opportunity, there opportunity may be granted for team structure and general continual poor performance from some of our seniors

If there was a big crowd I could imagine it would rock. But in that cavernous area a smaller crowd is just lost and the noise deadened. and the majority of the tenants of that ground only draw small crowds. Maybe the acoustics are lacking, as weird as that sounds for a football stadium - better acoustics could make a small crowd fill the space a lot better.
I've been to a couple of Victory games that I think were pretty much a sell out and the atmosphere was pretty good. Except for the smoke from flairs taking ages to clear - but thats another issue. But yeah it struggled a bit even then

I've been to a couple of Victory games that I think were pretty much a sell out and the atmosphere was pretty good. Except for the smoke from flairs taking ages to clear - but thats another issue. But yeah it struggled a bit even then
Better not let any ultras in then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think a lot depends if both teams fixtured are winning ...2001-2007 games there against the Saints, Dogs, Blues and Norf pulled big grounds...and the atmosphere was electric....Some Bomber games, there have been fairly empty...We use to play most of the Vic sides there...The loudest I remember is when we lost to the Pies....I did a tour of the ground years ago I was surprised at how clear on the ground you can hear what spectators are yelling..

Definitely letting my tiredness get the best of me, was insinuating that you did just believe that although they aren’t screaming for an opportunity, there opportunity may be granted for team structure and general continual poor performance from some of our seniors

All I am saying is that I don't believe the likes of Cox, Bastinac, Bewick, Keays, would improve the current side, regardless of how fast they can run (at this time).
I didn't get Cox's inclusion a few weeks ago, and I don't see it now. That's not to say he won't be good or useful at a later stage. Same goes for most others.

Back