Prediction Round 19: Changes Vs Sydney + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Anybody who has watched Valente play for Peel will tell you he isn’t the messiah. Blakely IMO is still a fair way ahead of him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I watch a lot of Peel games and respectfully I disagree 100% with this FreoMatt. Blakely gets a lot of the ball, but his disposal by hand and foot is not up to AFL standard, that's why he's not getting a game. Valente is exquisite by hand and foot, and I would take 20 of Valente's possessions over 35 from Blakely.

We have more than enough poor ball users in our side, we need guys like Valente not mall ball burners. I would rate his composure and skills with the ball at Cerra levels - without the panic in front of goal!

I wonder how long he will be back for though given he'll need to be shouldering a load in the ruck? I am going on the assumption that both Darcy and Lobb will be missing.

Only quoting one of the coaches pre-game who was asked where Taberner is at.

Is it the same injury as last time?

Last time they gave him an extra week or so from their initial prognosis and he was subbed off after a quarter against Collingwood - that was after 5 weeks out.

Suppose Meek and Treacy will share most of the ruck if Darcy and Lobb are out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Tucker gets picked over Duman this week ……. Justin Longmire OUT

Seriously just how bad do you have to play if you’re in the purple circle 🟣 before you get the ass

I was trying to think of a worse game ever by a Freo player and came up with that Jack Anthony game and Bella’s GF performance

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I'm not expecting Blake to play next weekend. He was really limping around the ground at the end of the game, running like his calves were bricks.
He’ll be fine for selection with the longer break, he had corked thigh received when he was rucking.

Yep there's definitely more important things than football and so wish him all the best with whatever has taken him back to SA but now would be the perfect time to get 4 or 5 games experience just to get a feel for the pace at the top level and then he could hit the preseason knowing what he needs to keep working towards.
Is there confirmation it isn't football related? He may have been told he won't be offered a new contract, and requested to go early.

Is there confirmation it isn't football related? He may have been told he won't be offered a new contract, and requested to go early.
JL said we want him back playing football for Freo in the press conference.

Not having a go at you but with these sort of things my opinion is it is none of my beeswax so move on. I don’t understand why people need to know the reasons or start guessing.

If Tucker gets picked over Duman this week ……. Justin Longmire OUT

Seriously just how bad do you have to play if you’re in the purple circle 🟣 before you get the ass

I was trying to think of a worse game ever by a Freo player and came up with that Jack Anthony game and Bella’s GF performance

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Not a fan of Duman, but I agree. No way Walker, Duman, Young or Blakely don’t get a game ahead of Tucker with the form he’s in.

JL said we want him back playing football for Freo in the press conference.

Not having a go at you but with these sort of things my opinion is it is none of my beeswax so move on. I don’t understand why people need to know the reasons or start guessing.
Oh I agree personal stuff is personal, and my impression of Valente in particular is that he is a solid character. I'm not pushing to know, just think there can be football related reasons why someone could be given some time away. Might benefit Walters, for example, who just looks burnt out to me. Covid is taking a toll on all sorts of people. But yeah, don't think things need to be disclosed.

In - Meek, Young, Walker, Tabs
Out - Lobb, Colyer, Shultz, Banfield.

Lobb injured
Rest omitted. Offer nothing against good teams & aren’t going to change.
Valente would be debuting if not on leave.

Wouldn’t be upset if Western or Odriscoll came in for Tucker.

meek to ruck heavily and bench to rest.
darcy forward more.

Prediction. If Sydney win this week against GWS. AFL to switch game to Optus, as a Sydney home game. The money will be to good.
Freo 600 game, 300 Mundy. Full house.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back