Prediction Round 19: Changes Vs Sydney + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

There is hope that can change one day and be turned around.

Sydney/South Melbourne only made the finals 4 times between 1945 and 1996. 25 years later they are now one of teams that are the envy of the competition with their culture and consistency. They probably should have had another flag or 2 in that time.

Richmond made finals only twice between 1983-2012. thats was 1995 and 2001 when they made prelims. I look back at Matty Richardsons career from 1993-2008: Only played finals in 2001 as he was injured in 1995. Richmond finished 9th a few times since the final 8 system came in 1994: 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2006 and 2008. Turn those 9th placed spots into 8th places finishes and Richardson would of played in 6 more finals. Hence why I am fortunate Matty Pavlich and Aaron Sandilands played their fair share of finals from 2003-2015.

Hawks didnt play finals from 1925-56. Keep in mind only 4 finals spots in a 12 team comp. Had their been 5 finals spots from 1930 onwards, teams like Hawks and Dogs would of made finals earlier then they originally did.

Again..... freo are 27 years in and only have 2003, 2006, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. thats 7 years out of 27.

I have posted this on the main board. Considering freos luck and how freo are run and that theres only 8 finals spots for 18 sides, I would be happy if freo make finals in 10 years in a 25-30 year period.

THats not totally correct as Meek has improved greatly this year as a marking forward when he gets to play that position but at Peel he is the only ruckman so spends 95% on the ball
WE need to develop him further with a regular game in the firsts, he is definately a keeper

He spent a bit of time up forward on the weekend, he was forward for almost all of the second quarter, and dropped literally everything that came his way. Ended up with 0.1

I think we will lose this one and then it will be season over probably.

Pack everyone off to surgery that needs it and get games into the younglings

Game will still go ahead. Sydney and GWS want the season paused is funny. Too many other options AFL have planned in preparation for this.
Surely after a 10 day break Tabs will be fit. Just over 4 weeks out by that time.
Lobb should be 50/50 given the long break.

How's Logan McDonald going for the Swans? I know he was going well at the start of the season but haven't heard much since. Anyone been keeping a closer eye on him?

Didnt play for a number of weeks as the Swans were trying to focus on his strength and conditioning which apparently needed work. Came back and played in the reserves 2 rounds ago and kicked 4.3 against the Bulldogs reserved team. No idea how he did this week as the reserves game got canceled and the club played a practice against the Suns reserves.

I suspect he will be knocking on the door of selection very soon.

Game will still go ahead. Sydney and GWS want the season paused is funny. Too many other options AFL have planned in preparation for this.
Surely after a 10 day break Tabs will be fit. Just over 4 weeks out by that time.
Lobb should be 50/50 given the long break.

Those NSW players haven’t seen their partners or kids for three or more weeks. Gotta feel for everyone concerned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of recent experience at Metricon and became quite successful there in the end, which is in our favour.

As far as personnel goes, if neither Lobb nor Taberner are available, play someone like Acres as ruck chop out and play a mosquito fleet forward line, while speeding up the ball movement to the forward line.

This is one of those dockery games coming up that Freo will miraculously win I reckon. Everyone has jumped off because of last week.

Everything leading into last week suggested a loss except for the hope. The opposite is true this week, just there is now an absence of hope.

Long break, Sydney away from home for ages, a ground we do OK at, dry conditions, Taberner back in (maybe), a team we know we can beat since we have already this season.

Sydney aren't a hardened side like Geelong, and no expectations may just turn things in our favour.

Freo by a goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back