769.5 KB · Views: 164

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Replaces perhaps Acres and a must inclusion if Fyfe is dodgy.

On RMX2111 using BigFooty.com mobile app

O'driscoll playing WAFL. Justin Longmuir was interviewed on SEN earlier. Said he was still a couple of good games away from selection but getting named in the squad as recognition for good performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
I’m a bit surprised NOD has come in. I’ve watched a lot of Peel and when you saw a guy like Walker running around despite the fact he didn’t get a lot of the ball (~15 possies), his speed, balance and clean hands just stood out and you knew he could play at a higher level. I must admit I haven’t see that in NOD…..hope I’m wrong

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

no worries- your wrong. He had a very restricted preseason but is a bull and will be a welcome acquisition to the 22 in the future!

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Hughes omitted, first game back.
Meanwhile Tucker runs around cluelessly.. okay.

So does this mean the selectors believe Tucker is a better defender than Hughes!! Surely they jest, I have no problem with Tucker playing further up the ground just not a defender.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
So does this mean the selectors believe Tucker is a better defender than Hughes!! Surely they jest, I have no problem with Tucker playing further up the ground just not a defender.
Only way I see it is Young replaces Hughes and Tucker moves into the wing to replace Acres

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Changes possibly relate to looking for the better ball users to keep possession. Sydney still have a couple of bulls in the middle, but they play a very open style now.

I'm optimistic because we've had a good break, we've got tall forward options and Sydney have been hubbing a while. Plus what Hawthorn did to them 5 weeks ago shows they can lose their way when the game isn't on their terms.

Cowboy Neale

Senior List
Apr 13, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hughes and Acres are quite unlucky I feel.

If Tucker has a poor game the knives are going to sharpen. I do know the club rate Tucker ad a possible A-grader.

Colyer, Schulz and Henry are going to have to massively improve their output.
Colyer played well last week. Credit where it’s due!

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Did Acres squib any contests last week?

Interesting that Walker was dropped so Hughes could be rushed back in, but after that 1 game Walker's been given the spot back.

Can understand why he kept his place even though he was terrible last week. He's too good for WAFL and plays a defensive role to allow Walker, Wilson and Young to be able to get on their bikes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back