Prediction Round 19: Changes Vs Sydney + pre-match discussion

Did Acres squib any contests last week?

Interesting that Walker was dropped so Hughes could be rushed back in, but after that 1 game Walker's been given the spot back.

Can understand why he kept his place even though he was terrible last week. He's too good for WAFL and plays a defensive role to allow Walker, Wilson and Young to be able to get on their bikes.
Walker was out as managed, not omitted. Which suggests he was always coming back.

heypenny

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2006
London
AFL Club
Fremantle
Although I like Hughes effort and hardness, I'm still not convinced he'll be a permanent member of our back 6 when we're fully fit. I'm happy for Young to be back in the team.

Likewise Acres, although he's been pretty good, he is part of the brigade that needs replacing if we want to be a finals team.

Look forward to seeing Young, Walker and Meek getting a run at it on Sunday. And hopefully Western, ODriscoll and Valente before the end of the year (if we're out of finals contention). Give them a taste so they know what they know what's required of them, and help drive them over the offseason.

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Acres being freshened up for a rubbish role in his 100th game next week?
Acres chopped up against Richmond last year
Distinctly remember it because I didn’t know he had it in him till that day .
Disappointed he’s dropped though
Tucker was the one who needed to be omitted Imho.

Last edited:

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
Do we still do things like change the shape of the cockburn oval to mimic the parameters of the SCG for training?

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Acres chopped up against Richmond last year
Distinctly remember it because I didn’t know he had it in him till that day .
Disappointed he’s dropped though
Tucker was the one who needed to be omitted Imho.
Actually don’t think Acres is close to worst 5 in the team atm.
Colyer
Henry
Tucker
Walters
Switkowski (injured, but he’s been poor last two weeks)
Schulz.

Guess it’s an internal performance indicator. Perplexed why Tucker continues to play.

Patty_Moz

Club Legend
Aug 8, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I feel a solid loss coming on. Seems like there’s no longer any faith in the mid-rangers with experience so we have reverted to the mid-range kids. 5 players under 20 games but none of them really in the side on form. I’ll be very surprised if we can kick enough for a winning score.

Just hoping to start seeing something from a few outside our best 5 or 6 players.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Really pleased to see O'Driscoll* come in for a debut, and both Young and Meek get games. The season is in tatters and it is all about next season. Plus they are decent selections.

* just noticed Longmuir saying he is actually a couple of weeks away. Bummer.

yakamoto

Club Legend
May 8, 2008
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
People wonder why Tucker continues to get a game. It is a bit of a head scratcher. The only thing I can think of which could keep him front of mind with the selectors, is an outstanding play he made in a game last season. Was it against St Kilda? The rest has been dross, pretty much.

Bender571

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
People wonder why Tucker continues to get a game. It is a bit of a head scratcher. The only thing I can think of which could keep him front of mind with the selectors, is an outstanding play he made in a game last season. Was it against St Kilda? The rest has been dross, pretty much.

This one against Adelaide?

showemhowtorock

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I always thought the dr who nickname purple reign give him was very appropriate, however i'm noticing him alot lately for all the wrong reasons

Back