Prediction Round 19: Changes Vs Sydney + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Small forwards in any team almost never play well when you get smashed.

Go read another team's autopsy thread after losing by 6+ goals and you'll see their small forwards get a battering like ours do every time we get pummeled.

You got the causation the wrong way around.

Small forwards always play like crap when their team get smashed. Therefore small forwards playing like crap causes their team to get smashed. So if we got elite small forwards who always play well we'd never get smashed.

QED.

I thought Tuckers game last week should have caused his omission just for the simple fact that nearly each clanger led to an opposition score. It’s the decision making, uncertainty and then the s**t I have to get rid of it moment that kills me when watching him.
We‘re going to miss the Lobb marking option up the ground more than anything which would have been a performance improvement with Tabs back in the team (assuming he would have held a few)
Us by a handful of points in a scrappy game

I thought Tuckers game last week should have caused his omission just for the simple fact that nearly each clanger led to an opposition score. It’s the decision making, uncertainty and then the sh*t I have to get rid of it moment that kills me when watching him.
We‘re going to miss the Lobb marking option up the ground more than anything which would have been a performance improvement with Tabs back in the team (assuming he would have held a few)
Us by a handful of points in a scrappy game
Not expecting much from the Tabs tomorrow..always seems to need 2 or 3 games in to start clunking those big marks ( by then he is likely to be injured again)...25 years of following the purple does test your sanity!!

Not expecting much from the Tabs tomorrow..always seems to need 2 or 3 games in to start clunking those big marks ( by then he is likely to be injured again)...25 years of following the purple does test your sanity!!
Agree with that. I was hoping Tabs would get a few more opportunities with Lobbster grabbing a couple on the wings and setting up some feeds into the 50 - which look to be improving overall. Maybe Tabs will play higher up the ground and Treacy will be the freight train lead up target that he does so well

Alex Pearce's lack of match "touch" (which is to be expected, having been absent from the game for so long) concerns me, as Buddy Franklin is untenable when in form.

Alex Pearce's lack of match "touch" (which is to be expected, having been absent from the game for so long) concerns me, as Buddy Franklin is untenable when in form.

Alex should have enough games in him now surely. He got taught a lesson by a wily old fox last game. He’ll be looking to redeem himself. I would have liked to have seen Logue on Buddy though. He did okay in the last game and might want to carry on with it.

Bit harsh? He was well beaten by Hawkins, but otherwise I reckon he has played very well pretty much from the get go.
Yeah, upon reflection it was a misevaluation on my part. What I should have said, was that Franklin's form concerns me leading into this match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he'll end up being the best of our youngsters - better than brayshaw, cerra, serrong etc.

If Young ends up being better than Brayshaw, Cerra and Serong then we will have some serious talent on tap for the next 10 years.....unless Cerra leaves and Young continues to have injury issues but hopefully neither of those things happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back