Toast Round 19 = Collingwood 80-76 Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be the only thing souring that highlight. Brayshaw is a massive tool, a terrible commentator and should never be allowed near a microphone again.
I think the general standard of play-by-play commentary is absolutely awful these days. Bring back the days of Dennis & Bruce.

Will be the only thing souring that highlight. Brayshaw is a massive tool, a terrible commentator and should never be allowed near a microphone again.
It all started with Rex. Commentators trying to make it about them. Best commentator going round at the moment is Jason Bennett, who does the exact opposite. Hope he gets more exposure in the big games.

I think the general standard of play-by-play commentary is absolutely awful these days. Bring back the days of Dennis & Bruce.
If you're watching a game on TV, a less is more approach is the way to go, like Richie Benaud.
It's different to listening on radio, where more description is required.
Dennis was the best, with his wonderful turn of phrase.
Who will ever forget his "librarian" description of Heater's spoil of Riewoldt in the 2010 GF replay?

They took pride in being non biased.
I donā€™t care people hate us, but we have as much right for our teams iconic moments to be elevated by good commentary

Some of the commentary options for our 2010 premiership sound like bloody funeral processions-MMM particularly (which had JB)

There are also many backhanded compliments commentators give out.

Mihocheck is an "honest" player, good battler
Pendlebury is relegated to a "Collingwood Great"
Peter Daicos is relegated also to a "Collingwood Champion" I noticed.

Riolio, Martin, Ablett were never "Hawthorn" "Richmond" or "Geelong" Greats...

Naicos third goal again Suns wasn't even called..

It goes on an on.

Josh Daicos, 2 time GOTY winner has a nice ring to it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I worked for the MCC part-time when I was at school and uni

Occasionally, I was the attendant in the media room adjoining the commentary boxes (cricket and footy)

Lou Richards would walk in, stub out a dart, and greet people with his monkey grin and multiple F-bombs

He had charisma plus

Essendon supporters are some interesting folk.

6f1455d4726d50045a7f5a06e5d88982.jpg
poor fella....

Just Dennis thanks. Bruce was the worst of the lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back