NRL Round 19 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
The countdown to finals is on in earnest and a vital round ahead for some teams.

A must win game for both Cronulla and North Queensland tomorrow night kicks off the round and you'd think the Sharks would win this one at home.

Newcastle will be hoping for a win over the Tigers in the 6pm Friday game to keep ahead of the chasing pack. Been out of form, but home ground advantage should ensure a win. St George face a do or die game Friday night against South Sydney. A loss probably ends their season.

Super Saturday kicks off with the first of 3 huge games. The Eels host the Warriors in a game they simply must win. Only a point out of the 8 an Eels scalp would be huge. Just can't see it though and I feel Parra will win it well. It's a huge game for the Broncos too and like the Warriors they must win. The Titans are out of form and that should help Brisbane get home. Finally we've got the biggest game of the day with Melbourne hosting arch enemy, Many-Warringah. The Storm are in such dominant form it's really hard to see them getting beaten. However Manly are a good side and I'm picking they'll be pumped up for this especially with the words spoken by, Max Krilich. Still hard to see Melbourne losing though, but should be the best game of the weekend.

One ripping game up on Sunday and earlier in the day the Roosters should account for the Bulldogs easily enough. What a mouth watering clash at 4pm when the Panthers host the red hot Raiders. If results go their way, a Canberra win could well cement a spot in the top 4 with a few rounds left. I do like the Panthers at home, but a Raiders win wouldn't surprise either.

Really should be a good round of footy. Enjoy all.

How typical though... Storm playing Manly, cue a Manly official/player/legend having a sook about the way the Storm are refereed differently to everyone else. Bunch of sooks. Might be a reason the rest of the comp hates them!!

Storm v Manly and Panthers v Raiders definitely the pick of the bunch this round.

Geez the Broncos points differential is going to kill their hopes of finals isn't it? Can jump the Warriors easily enough but 35 pt diff with the Sharks and 40+ with the Knights.... and that's assuming the Titans don't turn up on Saturday evening!

Well, I've been watching the Warriors for a long time, but I don't think I've ever seen a stitch up as big as last nights absolute carve up by those two campaigners at Bankwest. I thought Kearney was actually pretty timid in his media conference when he had every right to abuse them to the point of getting a 10k fine.

With the season on the line two incompetent campaigners virtually stole it off us.

Luke now charged with a G2 DT, while Jake Trbojevic charged with a G1 DT which was 10 times worse. I give up.

Raiders get over the Panthers pretty easily.
I didn't think Luke's was that bad, not much in it. Don't recall JT's.

The Warriors got the rub with a knock-on in the build-up to their first (?) try. But the sheer scale of the penalty count after than certainly did for them. I remember the commentator saying, it's hard to see that the Warriors' discipline is any different to the Eels, and I had to agree.

I can't disagree. It's a shame, cos as a relative neutral, I thought it was a really good contest between two evenly matched sides, both playing some very good footy. But the refs spoilt it, as the NRL now seems to tacitly accept.

I just thought the game had a really bad smell about it. Too many things went Parramatta's way. Luke suspended for 3 weeks. I was going to watch Friday night to see what the Auckland crowd would do, but the NRL can go and get ****ed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back