Preview Round 19: Essendon vs Greater Western Sydney, Carrara, Sunday 25/07/2021 @ 6:10 PM

Whomst dost thouest thinketh will have a higher score?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's probably ticking other boxes coaches need him to, pressure etc, very annoying player of late though.

Yeah, he is second in our team for pressure acts per game behind Parish. 4C411748-A8FA-4778-B380-806AD75BE2BB.jpeg

They are 😛

Carrara isn’t that much further than Wooloongabba when you’re starting in Noosa.

I don’t think I’d ever heard of a team being late for a game until last year in hubs it happened to us and then the same thing happened to Richmond last week 🤔 Seems SEQ traffic is worse than Melbourne
The M1 in SEQ is legitimately bumper to bumper and a nightmare on a lot of days and is really the only road you'd still use between Noosa and Carrara. It's often worse than the M1 in Melbourne (same road coincidentally), but mainly because of the roadworks on it between Southport and Burleigh Heads.

A friend is big Suns fan, worked as a physio there for a few years during the Ablett years; has some interesting Dank/Weapon stories...

He thinks there's a big future for the club; says all the young guys have bought into the game plan with no plans to leave; says there's a strong culture and support; says 2MP is a great team man and a good pickup. Says GAJ is the best footballer by far that he has ever seen and was, for that reason, the wrong player to build a team around.

I bet he has. That is one reason why I scratch my head as to why we let it happen. I know people in RL and they can not believe anyone would have gone near Dank after his efforts in their code.

Just on the GC my sister is a primary school teacher on the Coast and she is always telling me there are now just as many kids wearing AFL gear as there are wearing NRL gear. My personal view is if they stay the course they will be okay and will get their average crowds up around the 20k to 25k. Just needs the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane to GC on a Sunday afternoon is generally not too bad. Most people head towards the Coast from mid morning to make a day of it and congestion can be bad in the arvo heading to Brisbane with everyone returning home.

Although, as experienced by the Lions and Tiges a couple of weeks ago, if there is an accident, you're screwed, regardless of the direction you are travelling. There is literally nowhere to go. The side roads soon fill up with motorists trying to avoid the traffic jam, only to create new ones.

Roadworks won't be an issue on the Coast, they start at Varsity Lakes. The bus will take the Nerang exit, well before any roadworks.

Can't speak much for the Bruce Hwy on the North side, I imagine traffic flow would be the same, most heading towards the Sunny Coast in the morning for an afternoon return.

I bet he has. That is one reason why I scratch my head as to why we let it happen. I know people in RL and they can not believe anyone would have gone near Dank after his efforts in their code.

Just on the GC my sister is a primary school teacher on the Coast and she is always telling me there are now just as many kids wearing AFL gear as there are wearing NRL gear. My personal view is if they stay the course they will be okay and will get their average crowds up around the 20k to 25k. Just needs the time.
The AFL gets in right with Auskick in schools in QLD, far better than any atrempt by the NRL.

My local AFL club is packed with juniors on training nights, compare that to the NRL club down the road and the AFL are streets ahead.

Go back 11 years ago and they played and trained out of the local school with minimal participation. No home ground or clubrooms, but around 6 years ago, with the rise in interest for the sport, the local council developed some bushland into 2 ovals with clubrooms. The sport is definitely growing in QLD.

Re bolded, he said the same about Dank. Also was firmly of the view that there was no contravention of the WADA code by EFC...

It was refreshing to hear his positivity about the Suns' future after the negativity expressed here and elsewhere. And, as a relative newcomer to AFL, having grown up with League, it was nice to relive the brilliance of GAJ through his eyes.

Any idea what this tweet or his previous tweet might relate to?

He's a massive egomaniac that wants to draw attention to himself would be my guess

Any idea what this tweet or his previous tweet might relate to?

I think it relates to the hypothetical that if a premature ending of the home and away season was to occur, the AFL will resort to a table of everyone playing each other once. Based on that we drop to 12th? Just assuming this as they briefly mentioned it on FC.

I think it relates to the hypothetical that if a premature ending of the home and away season was to occur, it will resort to a table of everyone playing each other once. Based on that we drop to 12th? Just assuming this as they briefly mentioned it on FC.
Cool. His previous tweet said “after all we have been through… why? @essendonfc”

weird…

I think it relates to the hypothetical that if a premature ending of the home and away season was to occur, it will resort to a table of everyone playing each other once. Based on that we drop to 12th? Just assuming this as they briefly mentioned it on FC.
Footy Classified is still a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back