Preview Round 19: Essendon vs Greater Western Sydney, Carrara, Sunday 25/07/2021 @ 6:10 PM

Whomst dost thouest thinketh will have a higher score?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We definitely should be playing at Marvel but there’s definitely other clubs who’ve lost home games. I mean we played North’s home game in Metricon today
🤣😂Didn't feel like an North home game Metricon.
Felt more like a Bombers home game barr the silly looking Mazda signs 🤣😂

I'm actually feeling way more invested in our games this year compared to last. Just pissed off we can't get to more games in Melbourne.

It's why I raised the point against Geelong that it should have been moved to the MCG to allow some more Essendon fans to attend. We've copped a raw deal this year but there isn't much that could be done. It's been unlucky timing.
I’m more invested this year I guess but I’m missing the raw physical energy of attending games which is the disconnect I’m talking about. Feels like an eternity.

I wonder if they discussed with us whether we would help out playing up here so the swans and giants could spend time with their families without having to travel.

We are effectively giving up 2 home games.

Being the only ones staying up there it doesn't make the most sense.
The fact the club has been quite vocal about "getting back to Marvel asap" so I'm wondering whether we made our public case whilst accepting it pretty keenly privately if money or something was involved.
Fairly certain that their families will not be allowed into Qld, unless they are prepared to hotel quarantine for 2 weeks.

The NRL relocated up here last week, the families were denied entry according to media reports.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if they discussed with us whether we would help out playing up here so the swans and giants could spend time with their families without having to travel.

If they did I hope we said GAGF. Not our problem NSW ****ed up their outbreak. Or caused ours.

If they did I hope we said GAGF. Not our problem NSW f’ed up their outbreak. Or caused ours.

I'm actually now wondering whether it's broadcasting.
If it's cheaper for certain broadcasting equipment to be kept in one place they might be keeping our games here as it's more cost effective then moving them back down or around.

I'm just really interested in the background to some of these decisions. The cat's being knocked back having a game at kardinia also seems weird, though I havnt heard the justification for that one. I assume one would have been given.

I'm actually now wondering whether it's broadcasting.
If it's cheaper for certain broadcasting equipment to be kept in one place they might be keeping our games here as it's more cost effective then moving them back down or around.

I'm just really interested in the background to some of these decisions. The cat's being knocked back having a game at kardinia also seems weird, though I havnt heard the justification for that one. I assume one would have been given.

If it's broadcasting how did they choose who would travel? Norf have already flown home and given we've travelled 8 times already there'd be other melb based teams that they could relocate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back