Preview Round 19: Essendon vs Greater Western Sydney, Carrara, Sunday 25/07/2021 @ 6:10 PM

Whomst dost thouest thinketh will have a higher score?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then please show me a source to show otherwise, as the reports as shown above say it's going ahead.
I got confused by the fact that Geelong isn't in Geelong for some reason

Someone with influence at the club need to ask Xavier why we are not playing in Vic. It makes no sense at all. It is compromising the draw as we played them at their home earlier in the year. We are the ONLY club with home game being taken away.

We definitely should be playing at Marvel but there’s definitely other clubs who’ve lost home games. I mean we played North’s home game in Metricon today

I wonder if they discussed with us whether we would help out playing up here so the swans and giants could spend time with their families without having to travel.

We are effectively giving up 2 home games.

Being the only ones staying up there it doesn't make the most sense.
The fact the club has been quite vocal about "getting back to Marvel asap" so I'm wondering whether we made our public case whilst accepting it pretty keenly privately if money or something was involved.

We definitely should be playing at Marvel but there’s definitely other clubs who’ve lost home games. I mean we played North’s home game in Metricon today

Carlton has left Melbourne a grand total of four times. We're sitting on 9, inclusive of our Geelong game.

Although North losing a Marvel game against us is pretty neutral given its both our home grounds (bad for revenue though). Us losing a Marvel game vs Sydney teams is a bit more of a disadvantage. Especially since we've pretty much played all our interstate games already except Gold Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will be our what, 9th interstate game this year? Lockdowns have not worked in our favour from a games in Melbourne perspective.
This and the fact that members are getting another raw deal. I realise that there’d be no crowds in Melbs anyway this fortnight but I’ve been to one game in the last 2 seasons and was hoping to get to a few in the run home. I’m feeling completely disconnected from our game these days.

Although North losing a Marvel game against us is pretty neutral given its both our home grounds (bad for revenue though). Us losing a Marvel game vs Sydney teams is a bit more of a disadvantage. Especially since we've pretty much played all our interstate games already except Gold Coast.

Yeah it sucks. Feel like if we had more guts we’d be on a flight home.

Nth board showing their true IQ having a go at stringer, gee they are just a sad miserable bunch, I suppose when your such a irrelevant club you don’t have much else to hang your hat on. Nobody is perfect but to just keep scrapping the bottom with sh*t comments, just so they can feel a little better shows the real class of their supporters and they reckon we are bad, obviously Carey must of taken all the mirrors with him when he was at the Stevens house!
Google Barry Cable rumours

I’m feeling completely disconnected from our game these days.
I'm actually feeling way more invested in our games this year compared to last. Just pissed off we can't get to more games in Melbourne.

It's why I raised the point against Geelong that it should have been moved to the MCG to allow some more Essendon fans to attend. We've copped a raw deal this year but there isn't much that could be done. It's been unlucky timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back