Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
I think the biggest misstep I've made was ditching Gaff for Brayshaw, but even then Brayshaw has been fantastic and Gaff average, but that was my only real 'luxury' move early on that arguably cost me an upgrade. The points Brayshaw has made since the switch has surely outweighed that though.

Basically had to overhaul my entire forward line though through the season which didn't help. Injuries can't be helped though, but have played a huge part this season.
Think I did Gaff > Mitchell and Danger > Brayshaw

I don't see those as luxury trades, more correctional ones, which really had to be done at the time.

My problem was starting with an all rookie ruckline and a weak Fwd line after dealing with Danger and Dunkley who were my starting picks.

Those situations meant that I had to concentrate on trying to fix those lines rather than focussing on the potential and available breakouts that were available Miller/Parish/Hall etc) Plus I had a blinkered view about earning cash from midpricers (Walker/Cumming/Impey etc)

Add in the injuries and there's a reason why I'm sitting at 4k

I got my last rookie off the ground in R16 and since then my ranking has slid from 100th to about 500th

Wow that’s a terribly rotten run. You should be rewarded for getting them all off the ground not punished for it…

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
1627212555572.jpeg

Top 1000! Is that Dimma style visor territory?

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Wow that’s a terribly rotten run. You should be rewarded for getting them all of the ground not punished for it…
Also haven't had any freedom to trade in these rounds either

R16: Docherty
R17: Heppell
R18: Markov (held Whitfield)
R19: Martin (held Mills)
Now Pendlebury

Think I did Gaff > Mitchell and Danger > Brayshaw

I don't see those as luxury trades, more correctional ones, which really had to be done at the time.

My problem was starting with an all rookie ruckline and a weak Fwd line after dealing with Danger and Dunkley who were my starting picks.

Those situations meant that I had to concentrate on trying to fix those lines rather than focussing on the potential and available breakouts that were available Miller/Parish/Hall etc) Plus I had a blinkered view about earning cash from midpricers (Walker/Cumming/Impey etc)

Add in the injuries and there's a reason why I'm sitting at 4k

I went Gawndy from the start, tried to basically have no rookies down back (H. Young was D6 with Clark, Fantasia and Markov as my mid-pricers), Rowell was probably my biggest mis-step in midfield, along with Bruhn, and Dow and Phillips up forward. Looking back at my Rd 1 team I actually scratch my head at where it all went wrong, but probably just rookie picks and early mis-steps with trades.

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 9.37.21 pm.png

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Quite impressed that I managed to squeeze along to 2055. Looks like it’s the worst score on the board out of everyone here.

Crisp, Laird, Macrae, Gawn, O Brien, Hall, Danger and Mitchell all solid enough/great.

Bowes, Crouch, Merrett, Walsh, Hind and Houston all fails.

Then there’s my friend Treacy who somehow picked up a mystery illness somewhere between the warm up and stepping onto the field.

Amazing round.

I should have been at the winter Olympics with how quick I’m getting down the slopes at the moment

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Also haven't had any freedom to trade in these rounds either

R16: Docherty
R17: Heppell
R18: Markov (held Whitfield)
R19: Martin (held Mills)
Now Pendlebury
Yeah I'm in an exactly identical boat. FInished rookies in round 16 only to have a constant barrage of forced trades. Ranking slipped from 700 odd to 1200 now somehow

May 17, 2008
sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I decided back in round 15 that I would just have briggs/Bianco as my D6 for the rest of the year and just upgrade my midpricers

So upgraded
Flynn to Grundy
Phillips to Pendles
Cumming to Danger
Hind to Newman (bit sideways)
Houston to Lloyd
Whit(inj) to De Goey
Dusty to Hurn

Except that 41 Bianco has been matching with the likes of Cumming/ Houston etc and gone up 303 to 135.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we get a drug test on Merrett and Taranto. Pretty sure they were hitting the good stuff together before the game

Parish too, although at least he has the excuse of a tag.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Are you Victorious Secret WaynesWorld19? Think I just lost to you by 3 pts in the league.
Yep .....bloody Zerret and Tarranto .....how weak can you get

a 60 from Zerrett .....WTF he wasn't even trying

Yep .....bloody Zerret and Tarranto .....how weak can you get

a 60 from Zerrett .....WTF he wasn't even trying

Cumming got you over the line! :p

Think I crept into finals.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Cumming got you over the line! :p

Think I crept into finals.
Playing without Mills ....actually thought Durham saved my bacon .....65 was a great score, beating Zerrett's score

It was hard this week, Mills down, Pendles 23 ....and 3 on-field rookies playing

still held ranking pretty well, slipping to 633 overall ......again, what could've been

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
I went Gawndy from the start, tried to basically have no rookies down back (H. Young was D6 with Clark, Fantasia and Markov as my mid-pricers), Rowell was probably my biggest mis-step in midfield, along with Bruhn, and Dow and Phillips up forward. Looking back at my Rd 1 team I actually scratch my head at where it all went wrong, but probably just rookie picks and early mis-steps with trades.

View attachment 1186874
I reckon we should have a thread where we can discuss our starting teams and have everyone dissect and analyse where we could have done better.

I went the full guns n rookies approach this year, just to give it a go and see whether I could improve on last year. I still have 9 of my 12 starting premos.

My impression for now is to have a good balance of premos with a couple of midpricers because trying to manage 18 rookies means that I've had to juggle a lot of the lower end ones for no real advantage.

All of your starting picks had good reasons for picking them, it just looks like there were too many to upgrade, by my count there's 14 that had to be dealt with, add a few injuries and it becomes a real headspin.

I don't know how to access my starting team, or the trades that I've made.

Maybe someone could give me a 'heads up'?

I reckon we should have a thread where we can discuss our starting teams and have everyone dissect and analyse where we could have done better.

I went the full guns n rookies approach this year, just to give it a go and see whether I could improve on last year. I still have 9 of my 12 starting premos.

My impression for now is to have a good balance of premos with a couple of midpricers because trying to manage 18 rookies means that I've had to juggle a lot of the lower end ones for no real advantage.

All of your starting picks had good reasons for picking them, it just looks like there were too many to upgrade, by my count there's 14 that had to be dealt with, add a few injuries and it becomes a real headspin.

On your main page, there's a drop down where you can select past rounds, and it'll refresh and show your old team. Just under your team name but above the "Share the Round 19 Results" banner.

Yeah for me it was just the number of fires I had to put out. Markov and Hind worked out all the way up until now, and if guys like Phillips/Butters/Rowell/Caldwell had been similar then I could have upgraded rookies a lot earlier. But agreed, probably worth a new thread to discuss.

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC

I was going to do this a while back but then my life caught fire again...

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
On your main page, there's a drop down where you can select past rounds, and it'll refresh and show your old team. Just under your team name but above the "Share the Round 19 Results" banner.

Yeah for me it was just the number of fires I had to put out. Markov and Hind worked out all the way up until now, and if guys like Phillips/Butters/Rowell/Caldwell had been similar then I could have upgraded rookies a lot earlier. But agreed, probably worth a new thread to discuss.
cheers for that

my starting team, with Fullarton (who I still have) in the utility pos.
af starting team.PNG

cheers for that

my starting team, with Fullarton (who I still have) in the utility pos.View attachment 1186941

That is a bloody brave ruck division lol. As much as Gawndy have fluctuated this year, having them as a set and forget has made my life that much easier. That being said, it was a big chunk of the budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back