Game Day Round 19: Lions vs Hawks Gameday Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on Gardiner for hitting 100 games today. Remembering where he was at a couple of years ago to where he is now is pretty amazing.
Totally. Darcy is only going to get better and better. He will be a Premiership defender.

Yep Dizzy used to get railed on this board when Leppas team was conceding 130 points a game and he was on the most dangerous forward most weeks.

But it was pretty obvious he was going to develop into a strong shut down defender.

Considering this is our 3rd week out of 4 travelling I am hopeful that we are not jaded. Thought we showed some signs last week of being a bit off our game.

I think that we are a better team than Hawthorn but will need to be at our best to beat them down there.

Harris is a big out but it is our structure and forward/midfield pressure that allows him to perform his role best. If we can maintain our structure it will go a long way to his replacement having similar effectiveness.

Should be a great game.

Love that Fagan loves Gardiner. He is our talisman

GO LIONS!!

If we are up with our intensity and "come to play" we should win comfortably, we are simply a better side than the Hawks.

Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooooooooonnss!

Just stopped in Campbell Town on our way up and safe to say I saw more Lions supporters than Hawks. Granted I didn’t wander any further than the park but it’s good signs!!

(Also it’s bloody cold and would recommend any mainlanders who are going to bring 4 coats)

Hope to see a fit and firing Hipwood today. I don't want to see a half fit non existent Hipwood. We have no injuries so I hope we are not playing someone who needs to be on sidelines for a few weeks.

We should have them covered in the midfield provided we don't let O'Meara of the chain. Neale - Zorko - Lyons - McClugagge - Berry - Robinson opposed to O'Meara - Shiels - Worpel - Smith - Henderson - Scully.

Let the fun roll on.
Bit harsh to say "non existent Hipwood" really. He was given a role to play by Fagan and followed it to the letter, accumulating 10 valuable possessions along the way. Hard to appreciate his game when he wasn't his normal self but calling him "non existent" is pretty rough when he did his job. IMO, all our forwards (including Cam) did an exceptional job last week and should be appreciated as such. The stats don't lie.... overall our conversion rate when the ball comes into our 50 arc is up there with the best. Kudos to all the forward boys. I hope Hipwood is the same "non existent" player this week by playing his given role once again.

Question: Who thinks he should be on the sidelines for a few weeks? Interesting view point given its very different to Fagan & Co.

Our midfield struggled early last week and allowed Norf the lead in the first half before getting well on top in the second 1/2. Lets hope they get on top early this time and stay there for four 1/4's.

Bit harsh to say "non existent Hipwood" really. He was given a role to play by Fagan and followed it to the letter, accumulating 10 valuable possessions along the way. Hard to appreciate his game when he wasn't his normal self but calling him "non existent" is pretty rough when he did his job. IMO, all our forwards (including Cam) did an exceptional job last week and should be appreciated as such. The stats don't lie.... overall our conversion rate when the ball comes into our 50 arc is up there with the best. Kudos to all the forward boys. I hope Hipwood is the same "non existent" player this week by playing his given role once again.

Question: Who thinks he should be on the sidelines for a few weeks? Interesting view point given its very different to Fagan & Co.

Our midfield struggled early last week and allowed Norf the lead in the first half before getting well on top in the second 1/2. Lets hope they get on top early this time and stay there for four 1/4's.

Agreed. He was clearly hampered when it came to his usual running capabilities but he worked his ass off to have an impact. Hard to fault him for his game last week given the circumstances.

Reckon we see another come from behind win today.

Hawks to control the game until mid-way through the third quarter where we shift up a gear and come home strong.

I'm pessimistic about every game ,that way I don't get let down .It was interesting Hodgey saying in his interview that being on the sidelines watching is far more nerve wracking than being out there . Supporters carry on a lot but you have a lot of emotion tied up in the game and you can't let it out physically so sometimes it just bubbles to the surface.

There's no doubt both teams today are playing well . If we bring the same intensity we've generally been bringing then we can win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My turn to vacuum and dust the house. When I'm this nervous (as in every game), it takes me the entire match and that way I have something to take my mind off it and we get a very very clean floor.

Tough game up against team who beat the Cats last week and we have traveled 3 of 4 weeks, but this year this team has continually exceeded my most positive expectations...

I'm pessimistic about every game ,that way I don't get let down .It was interesting Hodgey saying in his interview that being on the sidelines watching is far more nerve wracking than being out there . Supporters carry on a lot but you have a lot of emotion tied up in the game and you can't let it out physically so sometimes it just bubbles to the surface.

There's no doubt both teams today are playing well . If we bring the same intensity we've generally been bringing then we can win.

I get nervous watching the game and usually assume it’s 10x worse playing but I guess they’re so focussed on their role they don’t get so caught up in it.

Eg. After North went up by a point when it was 75-74 with a couple of minutes left I have no idea how they handle the pressure.

I get nervous watching the game and usually assume it’s 10x worse playing but I guess they’re so focussed on their role they don’t get so caught up in it.

Eg. After North went up by a point when it was 75-74 with a couple of minutes left I have no idea how they handle the pressure.
In life though it's amazing the courage normal people can find when confronted with an emergency and summon some calmness in the crisis.

I guess footy players are trained for these situations and sometimes there is no other option than to focus totally on what you can do . The flight or fight mentality takes over ,and you fight.

No late changes for us

They've brought in Ceglar for O'Brien to make their forward line taller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back