Review Round 19: Northern Blues v Box Hill Hawks, 2pm, 22 August 2015 @ Preston City Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

And without kicking too many goals. Good work.
His 1% have become A HIGH LITE .....tackles , shepherds , little taps and blocks from give and goes , his development and understanding of the game this year has been outstanding ,

Hello peoples, I couldn't make it today so am wondering how Pittonet's ruck work went today?
Pretty good. Having to ruck almost solo has been great for the Big Pit. It means his possessions are down so don't take his stats too seriously. He just works hard all day and has pretty deft hands. Very impressive debut year thus far.

Langers and Jed looked a class above our guys, their guys are all junk. Both have that explosive speed needed to put pressure on the ball as it is leaving the stoppage. Jed's field kicking is a lot better than I remembered.

I would really like both these to be in next week, and a contract extension for Jed at the same time.

I reckon if we don't get Jed's signature, the reaction will be similar to that when Croad went west. Jed is probably up near Cyril in the popularity stakes with oir supporters.

I would really like both these to be in next week, and a contract extension for Jed at the same time.

I reckon if we don't get Jed's signature, the reaction will be similar to that when Croad went west. Jed is probably up near Cyril in the popularity stakes with oir supporters.

Is Jed not getting a game because he won't sign a contract extension? I'd love to see him and Langers come in next week.

Is Jed not getting a game because he won't sign a contract extension? I'd love to see him and Langers come in next week.
Maybe, maybe not. Jed's form has not been that great this year. His last few games he has looked a lot sharper. I thought we would have rotated players more this year but we have seemed to pick best 22 most weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone at the game care to explain what got Shem into the best few for Box Hill? Especially considering he only kicked 1.
I reckon you could attribute at least 6 goals to Shem because of his tackling, shepherding, little taps and great pickups below his knees. He should get play of the day for 2 big tackles that resulted in a goal to Lawlor. I almost felt sorry for the oppo when he was tackling them, almost!

I would love to see shem debut in the next 2 weeks. He has gone from vfl 2s to 1s seamlessly whose to say he can't do the same at the next level.
Mate ask yourself what are the odds of that and then double it. Would love to see the big fella debut but like some of the other BH players that have shown form especially now its highly unlikely

..... He should get play of the day for 2 big tackles that resulted in a goal to Lawlor. I almost felt sorry for the oppo when he was tackling them, almost!
Later that quarter he then unsuccessfully chased down a chain of handballs. Must have sprinted for about 60 metres. Shem is gonna do some damage.

I know the stats don't tell the full story, but the best thing about Shem's recent efforts is that in his first game or two he'd kick a goal or two, but only have 4 touches. 15 touches is a great improvement. At this level (hell, at any level) he has the potential to be an utter wrecking ball around the stoppages, even if it's just those in the forward line for now.

Howe statistically had a good game, 20 9 marks 7 tackles and a goal and not in the top 5/bests?
I think they got the top 5 right.

Howe had a good game and his tackling was great. But the reason for me that he didn't get in the best was quite a few times his handballs went straight to a team mate who was immediently tackled. It wasn't exactly a high pressure game (as reflected on the score board).

I know the stats don't tell the full story, but the best thing about Shem's recent efforts is that in his first game or two he'd kick a goal or two, but only have 4 touches. 15 touches is a great improvement. At this level (hell, at any level) he has the potential to be an utter wrecking ball around the stoppages, even if it's just those in the forward line for now.

Yeah I noticed this too, he's getting a lot more touches now. I hope the club works hard at his marking, could really use a strong mark inside 50. And I really hope the right people are in place to get a lot stronger, doesn't need to add much weight, needs to drop the puppy fat and get fitter. Should be benching 170/180 kg, deadlifting and squatting over 200kg, then take that added strength on the field. Would love to see him injure some people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back