Review Round 19 - Port Adelaide vs GWS Giants, Saturday 27 July 2019, Adelaide Oval, 7.40 pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to get the points but gee that last quarter highlighted our deficiencies in the clearances. Know we have some good mids out but we got killed in that area. It was the same against Essendon in the last Q when we had better mids in.

Jezza went missing as well in that final term.

Dunstall and Rischuto saying we have 4 games on the run home that we should win 3.
Did they just watch the way we played?
Any one of them could beat us if we play at that level.

Dunstall and Rischuto saying we have 4 games on the run home that we should win 3.
Did they just watch the way we played?
Any one of them could beat us if we play at that level.
To be fair, that was a combination of team selection and Port finally getting their finger out of the arse at home after being smashed for a few weeks.

A smaller quicker team (Kennedy and, say, Caldwell in instead of Simpson and Keeffe) would've put that away.

At Giants we would've put that away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last 2 weeks have shown with backs to the wall how you turn a season around.

However the loss of Taylor, with all the injuries already, I feel will hurt
Holy fu**ity fu** - how did we win that? We and the umps tried our/their hardest to hand it to Port ... but anyway WELL DONE GIANTS!!

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last 2 weeks have shown with backs to the wall how you turn a season around.

However the loss of Taylor, with all the injuries already, I feel will hurt

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Taylor's injury just a tight hammy apparently.

So lucky to get the 4 points and I was almost sick watching it and the sense of relief at the final whistle
good
Haynes and Davis
4 points
bad
2 rucks
Hately running around
Keefe not running back with Howard and results in a goal
Kicking

So many bad and to still come away with the win shows how much of an impact the marks by Davis and Haynes impacted the result and also the lack of a marking target for Port
I think Keefe did ok apart from the Howard goal and as said earlier with Taylor going down it meant a change in the match ups
Perryman playing in defence is looking ok but still needs to work on his kicking
Reid another good game to celebrate the contract and hopefully he can keep it up
i cant see them playing 2 rucks next week with the Swans mobile ruck set up

So lucky to get the 4 points and I was almost sick watching it and the sense of relief at the final whistle
good
Haynes and Davis
4 points
bad
2 rucks
Hately running around
Keefe not running back with Howard and results in a goal
Kicking

So many bad and to still come away with the win shows how much of an impact the marks by Davis and Haynes impacted the result and also the lack of a marking target for Port
I think Keefe did ok apart from the Howard goal and as said earlier with Taylor going down it meant a change in the match ups
Perryman playing in defence is looking ok but still needs to work on his kicking
Reid another good game to celebrate the contract and hopefully he can keep it up
i cant see them playing 2 rucks next week with the Swans mobile ruck set up
Some credit to Daniels and Heater. Both tried all night.
Agree on Haynes and Davis (come and save us).

At this point, I'd rather we have Keefe as the second ruck. Although he's ruck abilities are very questionable, he offers so much more than either Mumford/Simpson when playing in a non-ruck role.

At least he’d be a little faster than both Mummy and Daws’.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back