Preview Round 19 - Sydney v Geelong, Sunday @ SCG

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Bews is still and has been our best small defender for years and when he gets played on the opposition's best small forward he does his job.

I can't understand why people want him dropped when there are so many other players who don't do their jobs like he does.

Anyway that's my two cents.
Totally agree - I don't want him dropped from the side and very happy with him in defence

Just looking at options for how things can be changed up if there's a consideration for switching things up

just watch Scott bring in Zuthrie and Sam Simpson this week and keep Parsons in.

In all seriousness im sure Parsons is a good bloke but that should be his stamping papers. He is absolutely not even close to AFL standard. Scott just let it go, he has nude photos of you get over it the world wonā€™t care when he leaks them. Just stop playing him please.

IMO Bews is still and has been our best small defender for years and when he gets played on the opposition's best small forward he does his job.

I can't understand why people want him dropped when there are so many other players who don't do their jobs like he does.

Anyway that's my two cents.
Because oā€™connor has taken his spot and offers more. So there is no reason he should be in the team. Too many defenders.

just watch Scott bring in Zuthrie and Sam Simpson this week and keep Parsons in.

In all seriousness im sure Parsons is a good bloke but that should be his stamping papers. He is absolutely not even close to AFL standard. Scott just let it go, he has nude photos of you get over it the world wonā€™t care when he leaks them. Just stop playing him please.

That missed goal when Ablett gifted it to him should be our final memory of Parsons. A rare error from Ablett, he should have known a snap over shoulder was better option than Parsons in open goal.

I for one didn't think Stanley was that bad aside from the obligatory soda that he missed. We won the centre clearances easily. Realistically no one else is doing better than him. We have an absolutely pathetic set up for stoppages in the D50 with no player goal side and that cost us another two goals on the weekend, the 1000th and 1001st for the season, but that is not Stanley's fault.

I for one didn't think Stanley was that bad aside from the obligatory soda that he missed. We won the centre clearances easily. Realistically no one else is doing better than him. We have an absolutely pathetic set up for stoppages in the D50 with no player goal side and that cost us another two goals on the weekend, the 1000th and 1001st for the season, but that is not Stanley's fault.

Yeah, don't know who is in charge of the set-up at clearances, but something needs to be done. I remember K-Rock were going off their nut last week because we didn't have a sweeper on the defensive side of the centre bounces, and against Port we'd regularly get carved up by Port getting the ball over the back at boundary throw-ins because we didn't have anyone defending there either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the tactical reason for the short kick to the back pocket from the kick out? They do this all the time, the kick in player could literally carry to the ball to the same spot and kick it from there themselves. It seems ludicrous to me. Just give Stewart or Clark the ball from the kick off and go. Our kick ins during the second quarter were as bad I have seen from Geelong since the early 90sā€¦ā€¦

What is the tactical reason for the short kick to the back pocket from the kick out? They do this all the time, the kick in player could literally carry to the ball to the same spot and kick it from there themselves. It seems ludicrous to me. Just give Stewart or Clark the ball from the kick off and go. Our kick ins during the second quarter were as bad I have seen from Geelong since the early 90sā€¦ā€¦

Saw a stat that said Hawthorn had 13 inside 50s in the 2nd quarter yesterday and kicked 3.9 from them. To be conceding a score from nearly every inside 50 entry is embarrassing.

Because oā€™connor has taken his spot and offers more. So there is no reason he should be in the team. Too many defenders.
That's your opinion, my opinion is O'Connor should be played either off HB or a wing and there is no way O'Connor is a better one-on-one defender than Bews and Tuohy's even worse!

Get those two guys running off HB/wing and let Bews do his job.

That's your opinion, my opinion is O'Connor should be played either off HB or a wing and there is no way O'Connor is a better one-on-one defender than Bews and Tuohy's even worse!

Get those two guys running off HB/wing and let Bews do his job.
When was the last time oā€™connor had multiple goals kicking on him?

He can do what bews does and offers more offensively. There is no point having bews in the team cause all he does is waste a spot in the 22 we could use on another midfielder. We have too many defenders.

The VFL bye makes the decision on Menegola easy, he will play. Parfitt will hopefully be ok, that is a huge improvement right there (for Atkins and Parsons).

Hopefully Narkle also plays (for Bews), with Clark to the back pocket.

Henry in for Stanley and Blicavs to ruck. That is a much better side.

In: Menegola, Parfitt, Henry, Narkle
Out: Bews, Parsons, Atkins, Stanley

When was the last time oā€™connor had multiple goals kicking on him?

He can do what bews does and offers more offensively. There is no point having bews in the team cause all he does is waste a spot in the 22 we could use on another midfielder. We have too many defenders.
No one kicks bags anymore, but that doesn't mean they can't influence a game, Christ we're only kicking 8 goals a game as a team because we're so defensive minded.

You're looking at Bews' role the wrong way, he's a lockdown defender who doesn't get out-marked and guys like O'Connor and Tuohy should be giving us run off HB, yet they're all being used as lockdown defenders and it's turned our game into s**t.

You see too many defenders, I see players not being utilised properly and that's the biggest problem I've had with Chris Scott as the Head Coach.

Although improvement is needed all over the ground, I think a lot of our problems of late stem from the backline, not so much the forwards or mids.

*ducks for cover*
IMO it starts in the middle, although the backline is looking shaky.

Early on in the year the forwards and backs were covering well for the rucks and midfielders, just have a look at the Melbourne game.

But at the moment if we're not winning the ball well then we're not winning.

Thinking of going. Hard to weigh my love of Geelong vs my pure loathing of Sydney (the city not the team), though. Especially when I'll be going there a few days later for work one way or the other.

Thinking of going. Hard to weigh my love of Geelong vs my pure loathing of Sydney (the city not the team), though. Especially when I'll be going there a few days later for work one way or the other.
And you can pop down to Bondi the next morning (or where ever they go for recovery) and give them a bucket full :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back