Preview Round 19 - Sydney v Geelong, Sunday @ SCG

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port,Dogs and Hawks all had more scoring shots than us,straighter kicking argument could be used by all.
Of course... That's why i said we potentially are

I was hesitant last week, same tmrw actually. Milestone or not if they're not up for a W i will be ropeable. I feel sorry for adl supporters but geez we're not f’ed up like them

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Buying we lose tomorrow... Gee we should close down Geelong BigFooty

On your logic why select him at all then? Hasn't been the most consistent VFL performer.
Why is anyone complaining about Parsons? Tottally earned his spot with consistent performances.

I'm not sure how to make my explanation any simpler. The argument for why players like SS and Parsons have been selected ahead of Narkle is because they have been consistently in the best in the reserves. It's called selection integrity and by that simple measure the answer to your question is the reason you select him "at all" is when he has performed at a consistently high level in the 2s.

I watched a bit of Richmond last night and immediately thought that was us earlier in the year. Can we get it back, whatever it is?

Yes. Will flick a switch over the next 3 weeks.
Possibly see it in bursts tomorrow and next week. Then foot on the accelerator for the last few games.

I'm not sure how to make my explanation any simpler. The argument for why players like SS and Parsons have been selected ahead of Narkle is because they have been consistently in the best in the reserves. It's called selection integrity and by that simple measure the answer to your question is the reason you select him "at all" is when he has performed at a consistently high level in the 2s.
I actually agree TBH. And look I'm not against Parsons like some, and I've loved what Atkins has bought early on but if the time was ever right to play Narkle ahead of either of them this is it.
Seems like a confidence player to me and if he doesn't play against Freo that's 2 weeks out of footy. I actually think he'll cool off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the smith change. But we have replaced
Rohan for henry
Stanley for smith
Tuohy for selwood.

All 3 changes bring in a slower player. Narkle is in good form. Yet no dice. So much for moving the ball quicker. Scott isnt going to change the game plan. he is going to ramp up his existing plan of holding the ball up and playing methodoligical. If it doesnt work just go more extreme. That is scotts mantra. There is no plan b as plan b in his mind is a failure. His ego cant take it.
If you're going to pick a ground to be as slow treacle on then the scg is it. Not far coast to coast.

I actually agree TBH. And look I'm not against Parsons like some, and I've loved what Atkins has bought early on but if the time was ever right to play Narkle ahead of either of them this is it.
Seems like a confidence player to me and if he doesn't play against Freo that's 2 weeks out of footy. I actually think he'll cool off.

I would be very surprised if he doesn't play against the dockers if he misses tomorrows game. Especially if we win tomorrow it would seem the ideal time to rest a couple against Free. I wouldn't take Gaz to Perth at all. Let him go home and chill out with the family after hopefully putting on a show tomorrow!!

I would be very surprised if he doesn't play against the dockers if he misses tomorrows game. Especially if we win tomorrow it would seem the ideal time to rest a couple against Free. I wouldn't take Gaz to Perth at all. Let him go home and chill out with the family after hopefully putting on a show tomorrow!!
Yep No Gaz at Perth. Bad memories from last year

This is good. The boys need some pressure. It'll either break them (better to be found out now) or help them bounce back. Some high stakes games going into finals can only be a good thing. North and Carlton at home are the safety blankets, but a couple of wins on the road would help get some mojo back.

They hate pressure

They hate pressure
I don't mean that they will thrive on it. I mean that feeding them the very thing that has broken them the past few years is still the only way to work out how to deal with it. Even if there's a 5% chance of adapting, better to have the high pressure games before finals than a super breezy run and then a 0% chance of having been able to work on it. Would have thought this is all pretty much common sense, but there you go.

I watched a bit of Richmond last night and immediately thought that was us earlier in the year. Can we get it back, whatever it is?
We can only hope... In my view, I think Richmond the team to beat... I thought without Rance they couldn't, but know I think they have learn how to play with out him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back