Trades Round 19 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

So far I'm thinking of going:

Mountford > Glass
Rocky > Cotchin / Treloar

Unsure if I go high risk high reward with Cotch, or play it a lot safer and go with Treloar, who i expect to perform well for the remaining games. With a top 4 spot on the line for the Tigers Cotch will be wanting to stand up and deliver, not to mention he has a good record against his upcoming draw.

Can't wait to move Rocky on!

Can go
Ryan > Glass
Mountford > Jelwood
Leaving me with Young left at F6 and Rocky still at F7

Ryan is going to be my DEF bench cover
D Lloyd isn't playing so would dump him first
And Darcy soon if not going to be your R2 - might as well cash in on him.

Beams vs Sloane? Price not important, who is better for the last 5 rounds?

Beams 120+ twice, 95 twice, miss a week
Sloane 180, 52, 65, 130, 97

Haha.

Seriously though probably Beams for the price difference. Jelwood better than both for security and consistency.

Is it too early to chop Darcy?
If Lloyd isn't playing it definitely looks the better option.
Cheers mate :)
I just saw you had Buzza on fwd bench, so maybe dpp him back to the rucks and get a M/F rook cover if there are any over getting Marshall

Agreed!
Yeah dump Darcy if on your bench.
Get a forward rook.

you need to use that coin now... and then use the mountford cash next week is the way i'd be going
Great point.
Didn't realise how close we are to seasons end.
I just saw you had Buzza on fwd bench, so maybe dpp him back to the rucks and get a M/F rook cover if there are any over getting Marshall
Good spot, I'll do that.

Beams 120+ twice, 95 twice, miss a week
Sloane 180, 52, 65, 130, 97

Haha.

Seriously though probably Beams for the price difference. Jelwood better than both for security and consistency.

Haha got Jelwood in last week.

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 2.18.54 PM.png

This is post trades (Lloyd + Menegola -> Young + Sloane) 417k Bank and rank 6797.

Really don't want to trust Beams and I need to keep money to Sidebottom and have the cash to upgrade Greenwood + Witherden down the line.

Newnes and Newman > Laird and Blakely for me this week.
Will wait another week on Sidey so he loses more cash.
Got Zorko so will just play Glass this week. I reckon Hutchings would have tagged him anyway so will probably have scored crap.

Newnes and Newman > Laird and Blakely for me this week.
Will wait another week on Sidey so he loses more cash.
Got Zorko so will just play Glass this week. I reckon Hutchings would have tagged him anyway so will probably have scored crap.
Actually a re-think; would you guys trade Rocky out over Newnes? Switch Adams to midfield and then bring in Blakely?

Not sure who to ditch though as Walters has a high ceiling. Maybe Newnes? Not too many attractive defenders to get at the moment though, I already have Blakely.

Crisp had a very nice score this week and is pretty cheap. Could be handy. That said, I'd probably only do a side-swap like Newnes -> Crisp if I could really do something good with the little bit of extra cash.

How would y'all rank the following mids (I've got them in my preferred order; money is not really a big issue except where I otherwise can't split them):

- Dusty
- Kelly (only because he has a slightly higher price and breakeven than Dusty; I'm not sure I can split them on potential average)
- Zorko
- Gibbs (breakeven is too high)
- Duncan
- Sloane
- Ablett (I almost feel like bumping him further up the list if he plays this week; obviously injuries are a big concern though)

I feel like Dusty and Kelly are fairly out in front (especially with both their teams being relatively serious contenders), but are there any good reasons to really consider the guys lower down? Sloane I assume has bottomed out in price, so that could be worth considering....

I've already got Titch, Danger, Zerrett, Selwood, and Treloar.

(And I'll be looking to get Sidebottom into my forward line next week.)

I guess the other question is whether I'm better off dumping Newnes, Hanners, Lloyd, or Jack...I think Hanners at this stage.

Last edited:
How would y'all rank the following mids (I've got them in my preferred order; money is not really a big issue except where I otherwise can't split them):

- Dusty
- Kelly (only because he has a slightly higher price and breakeven than Dusty; I'm not sure I can split them on potential average)
- Zorko
- Duncan
- Sloane
- Ablett (I almost feel like bumping him further up the list if he plays this week; obviously injuries are a big concern though)

I feel like Dusty and Kelly are fairly out in front (especially with both their teams being relatively serious contenders), but are there any good reasons to really consider the guys lower down? Sloane I assume has bottomed out in price, so that could be worth considering....

Dusty for me, he's a gun. Kelly is probably more unique.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just realised that in Round 21 (unless a pile of my DNP rooks start playing again) I won't have any cash (although I'll be all premo).... sideways trades all the way home from then.

Last edited:
Real tempted to go Lloyd/newness to hibberd and Greene to buddy. Another option is to get rid of scharenberg and mountford to get in beams. Another option is to finally cash out on preuss while I have no other pressing issues and cash myself up for the finals assault starting from round 20.

Does Blaklely get attention now that Walters is probs out for the season? Or does it just go to Fyfe?

Asking because probs trading Newman -> Blakely this week

still deciding, and have to trade out Greene, but props to Witherden . Picked him up the week he debuted (took a punt) and he's been a godsend

Haha got Jelwood in last week.

View attachment 395680

This is post trades (Lloyd + Menegola -> Young + Sloane) 417k Bank and rank 6797.

Really don't want to trust Beams and I need to keep money to Sidebottom and have the cash to upgrade Greenwood + Witherden down the line.

Not sure I would trust Sloane over Menegola tbh, but see where you are coming from. I like Young - should be solid fwd bench cover during finals.

- Dusty
- Zorko
- Duncan
- Sloane

I guess the other question is whether I'm better off dumping Newnes, Hanners, Lloyd, or Jack...I think Hanners at this stage.

I think your order is right, but Zorko will likely outscore Kelly. Dusty clear #1 and the rest are all similar-ish. Duncan got multiple games at Skilled before season's end which is good.
Ablett a clear last due to injury risk.

Real tempted to go Lloyd/newness to hibberd and Greene to buddy. Another option is to get rid of scharenberg and mountford to get in beams. Another option is to finally cash out on preuss while I have no other pressing issues and cash myself up for the finals assault starting from round 20.
Lloyd/Newnes/Hibberd all likely to score similarly.
Greene out is fair. Wingard?
If Shaz / Mountford on bench then them +/- Pruess should be priority. Need the cash to upgrade for points.

Does Blaklely get attention now that Walters is probs out for the season? Or does it just go to Fyfe?

Asking because probs trading Newman -> Blakely this week

Good trade. He may get a bit more attention but is a mixture of HBF and in-and-under so he should be fine either way. Will get his possessions and get in there for tackles.

still deciding, and have to trade out Greene, but props to Witherden . Picked him up the week he debuted (took a punt) and he's been a godsend

Amen.

Does anyone have some footage from behind showing Zorko using an open hand on Plowman and not a fist :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back