Round 19 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it worth doing...

Sicily > Heeney
Rocky (or someone else? > Macrae

this week or wait a week and get them both cheaper?

Would be left with only 1 trade & 29k if I do the trades this week. Could have close to 100k left if I wait a week. Could then use my final trade to upgrade one of Shaw or Austin...

dt rd19.JPG

Is it worth doing...

Sicily > Heeney

Would be left with only 1 trade & 29k if I do the trades this week. Could have close to 100k left if I wait a week. Could then use my final trade to upgrade one of Shaw or Austin...

View attachment 531572

Keep your trades. Heeney is not worth wasting a trade on. He’s back to what he was most of last year where he doesn’t touch the ball for 40% of the game.

Walters plays hawks this week, who will let him run free. Howe will be suspended as well so no chance he gets tagged. He will have 20+ and kick 2 goals.

Time to accept I stuffed up on Crisp and trade him out for Witherden before it become $80k more expensive next week.
Leaves me 2 trades with an injured Fyfe my only concern.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Keep your trades. Heeney is not worth wasting a trade on. He’s back to what he was most of last year where he doesn’t touch the ball for 40% of the game.

Walters plays hawks this week, who will let him run free. Howe will be suspended as well so no chance he gets tagged. He will have 20+ and kick 2 goals.
He tonned up off his concussion the week before Brad, you're very very reactionary in your thought processes

Most of Sydney's players were outplayed on the weekend, only Parker and JPK did anything of note

Heeney will bounce back, he's been far better this year than last year

Which of these 3 scenarios leaves me in a better position for the rest of the season?

Option 1: No Trades
M8: Parker
Bench Cover: Seedsman (D7), Ahern (M9), Gray (F7)
Trades+Cash: 3 Trades, 50k

Option 2: Giro --> Rookie, Parker --> Macrae
M8: Heppell
Bench Cover: Ahern (M9), Seedsman (D6), Gray (F7)
Trades+Cash: 1 Trade + 150k

Option 3: Mihocek --> Rookie, Ahern --> Macrae (will have to be next week)
Bench Cover: Parker (M9), Seedsman (D6), Gray (F7)
Trades+Cash: 1 Trade+ 10k

He tonned up off his concussion the week before Brad, you're very very reactionary in your thought processes

Most of Sydney's players were outplayed on the weekend, only Parker and JPK did anything of note

Heeney will bounce back, he's been far better this year than last year
Should we really bother replying to Brad’s “change by the minute” comments?

Which of these 3 scenarios leaves me in a better position for the rest of the season?

Option 1: No Trades
M8: Parker
Bench Cover: Seedsman (D7), Ahern (M9), Gray (F7)
Trades+Cash: 3 Trades, 50k

Option 2: Giro --> Rookie, Parker --> Macrae
Bench Cover: Ahern (M9), Seedsman (D6), Gray (F7)
Trades+Cash: 1 Trade + 150k

Option 3: Mihocek --> Rookie, Ahern --> Macrae (will have to be next week)
Bench Cover: Parker (M9), Seedsman (D6), Gray (F7)
Trades+Cash: 1 Trade+ 10k
I'd take option 1.

1 trade really isn't enough to last you 4 weeks. Especially if you have no ruck cover.

You can at least afford to wait a week on the Macrae trade and cut your risk by 25% (e.g. 1 trade for 3 weeks rather than 4). And I'd pick option 3 (keep Parker).

EDIT - I am in a similar position but with worse cover and arguably worse mids in Rockliff/JPK at M7/M8. A bit more cash at $121k so i can get to Macrae with only one trade but I'm still not likely to pull the trigger.

2 trades left i really want to get rid of Crisp but surely i just keep the spud ? Play COR instead

Anyone know anything about Austin, will he return soon? Also is Brad Lynch any chance of getting dropped soon, he's had a quiet 2 weeks. Really worried about my backline with Simmo and no decent cover, I am also currently fielding COR. Hopefully COR holds his spot for the rest of the year, then I can turn Austin into Witherden/Hurn which leaves me on 3 trades.

This probably means I am forced to keep spuds Parker and Phillips on the field, hopefully only one of them can be benched when I turn Giro into Macrae.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know anything about Austin, will he return soon? Also is Brad Lynch any chance of getting dropped soon, he's had a quiet 2 weeks. Really worried about my backline with Simmo and no decent cover, I am also currently fielding COR. Hopefully COR holds his spot for the rest of the year, then I can turn Austin into Witherden/Hurn which leaves me on 3 trades.

This probably means I am forced to keep spuds Parker and Phillips on the field, hopefully only one of them can be benched when I turn Giro into Macrae.
Lynchs scores have been vastly better in Supercoach last two weeks

He's been done holding the ball a few times, but his mark and tackle numbers have been poor too keeping his scores low.

He takes our kickouts and doesn't kick it to himself too often either

He'll probably be retained due to our injuries but he's a real yoyo at the moment with what you'll get from him.

Is it worth doing...

Sicily > Heeney

View attachment 531572
I think you shouldn't trade this week. Heeney is not even close to being a necessary player to have, he is good for a 90 most weeks but so are a lot of other fwds. I'd just back the 6 fwds you have now tbh, Heen won't outscore any of them by much. I think spending 1 trade to get Macrae is worth it because he is a genuine uber premo that you'd want to have in finals. I'd get Macrae next week, no trades this week, especially if you have Simpson on field...there will be carnage there for sure

Lynchs scores have been vastly better in Supercoach last two weeks

He's been done holding the ball a few times, but his mark and tackle numbers have been poor too keeping his scores low.

He takes our kickouts and doesn't kick it to himself too often either

He'll probably be retained due to our injuries but he's a real yoyo at the moment with what you'll get from him.
Yeah I just need a warm body on the bench haha. Will keep him and trade Austin I think, to Witherden or Hurn. It's annoying when he gets called holding the ball, happens to Whitfield as well at least 2 times every game ffs

I think you shouldn't trade this week. Heeney is not even close to being a necessary player to have, he is good for a 90 most weeks but so are a lot of other fwds. I'd just back the 6 fwds you have now tbh, Heen won't outscore any of them by much. I think spending 1 trade to get Macrae is worth it because he is a genuine uber premo that you'd want to have in finals. I'd get Macrae next week, no trades this week, especially if you have Simpson on field...there will be carnage there for sure

Nothing about Simpson on the Injury report... :huh:

If he's not selected, I can always trade Sic > Def premo via JSmith to the mid bench

If he's not selected, I can always trade Sic > Def premo via JSmith to the mids
Dodgy that

Reckon he'll struggle to get up with that corkie this week, I'm putting him down as test

If he's not selected, I can always trade Sic > Def premo via JSmith to the mid bench
Yeah that would be a better trade then getting Heen. Simpson looked sore last week and I reckon he will miss a game before this season is done. May not necessarily be this week but it could happen later. You're in a better position than me down back since I'm still fielding COR. If Simpson is named this week then don't do any trades imo, if he is out then go JSmith to Witherden/Hurn

Yeah that would be a better trade then getting Heen. Simpson looked sore last week and I reckon he will miss a game before this season is done. May not necessarily be this week but it could happen later. You're in a better position than me down back since I'm still fielding COR. If Simpson is named this week then don't do any trades imo, if he is out then go JSmith to Witherden/Hurn

I have $0 cash....so it's Sicily(625k) > Withers/Hurn/Other? I'm leaning towards Witherden ATM who would you pick?

I have $0 cash....so it's Sicily(625k) > Withers/Hurn/Other? I'm leaning towards Witherden ATM who would you pick?
I like short with Houli playing in the VFL i still think he can mantain this scoring with his roll he does most of our kickouts

I need to pick one of Hurn and Withers myself, have narrowed it down to those 2. Both do junktime really well and take marks from switches. I would say Hurn is more consistent in getting 90s but Witherden is more likely for 110+ ceiling. I like Hurn's run of home games and think Eagles are a good side so that should make scoring easier. Witherden has been so good lately but I think Harris Andrews coming back would affect him. So I guess I am leaning towards Hurn...

I like short with Houli playing in the VFL i still think he can mantain this scoring with his roll he does most of our kickouts
Short is a good shout and one I hadn't considered. Richmond just hasn't been DT relevant this year and this is the first time Short's name has been thrown around (from what I've heard). Withers and Hurn seem to have more runs on the board, I worry Short is a trap just like Crisp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back