Trades Round 19 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaff is a good trade-in target this week. Price has well and truly stabilised, decent run home (3/5 games at Optus), playing North, Blues, Crows, Tigers, Hawks.

Speaking of... Can anyone possibly source the heat maps of Greene and Ed Curnow?
Dunno how to post them, but Greene's was basically all over the ground with the hot spots right across the middle. Ziebell's was similar tbh, just not as prolific and he only got 1 touch in the 4th.

Can’t afford Taranto who I’ll grab next week. Back in Rocky and pray he returns to pig mode or grab someone like Parker?

In fairness Brissy and Tiges for were tough games for Rocky.. run home looks ok.

Oops.. thought you wrote Ziebell not Curnow haha

Ed's much the same as Greene's.. completely centre square and wings

Yeah thanks for that. Was looking at Curnow or Greene... but I might give it another week and just do a double downgrade now (seeing as though I haven't had that luxury in over a month to fix my bench). I can go bang next week instead and get the formula exactly right for league finals.

I'll preface this comment but saying that I acknowledge every single side is different and what may be a horrible move for one, is an absolute winner for another. With that being said...

I believe players like Greene, Murphy, Hunter, and even Salem have all been flagged as options over the past month+, but are being jumped on now because the data is finally backing it up.

Gonna chase another with high floor (gone under 80 twice), ceiling (scored above 120 six times) and low ownership (1%). Real keen on this man without a name.

Personally for me, these players were perfect to punt on a 1-2 weeks ago as a POD (and certainly still can be) but it all seems a little obvious now and not worth the risk involved if that's the case across the competition. When I posted the comment above, Lachie Hunter was in fact 0.6% owned and he's already up to 3%. Still a decent POD but who are the 2.5% that jumped on? Are they competing against you?

I haven't had a massive look as of yet, but today during lunch break I did squeeze in a little bit of research - they're really left field but these are some players I haven't mentioned previously that could also come into consideration for your team's.

Shaun Higgins - 584K
Was tagged to a 64 in round 9 but besides that, Higgins floor has been a solid 91. Returned from injury last week against the hardest team to score against for midfielders in the comp, Brisbane, and notched up a 116. Owned by just 0.9% of the comp - the same amount as Hunter a fortnight ago, I think this is a great option to stream for a couple of weeks or up until the end of the year when they face Melbourne in R23.

Touk Miller - 545K
With Brad Sheer omitted from the side last week, it appears Miller has resumed his post and returned to tagging the opposition again. Miller is an accumulator and as such, tagging often provides a bump to his overall fantasy score. He has high fantasy ceiling, recording a 145 last week and a highest of 149 for the season. Owned by 0.5% of the competition, he could post a massive score as he comes up against Essendon (Merrett) at Marvel this week. Worth noting the 31 breakeven.

I'll preface this comment but saying that I acknowledge every single side is different and what may be a horrible move for one, is an absolute winner for another. With that being said...

I believe players like Greene, Murphy, Hunter, and even Salem have all been flagged as options over the past month+, but are being jumped on now because the data is finally backing it up.

Personally for me, these players were perfect to punt on a 1-2 weeks ago as a POD (and certainly still can be) but it all seems a little obvious now and not worth the risk involved if that's the case across the competition. When I posted the comment above, Lachie Hunter was in fact 0.6% owned and he's already up to 3%. Still a decent POD but who are the 2.5% that jumped on? Are they competing against you?

I haven't had a massive look as of yet, but today during lunch break I did squeeze in a little bit of research - they're really left field but these are some players I haven't mentioned previously that could also come into consideration for your team's.

Shaun Higgins - 584K
Was tagged to a 64 in round 9 but besides that, Higgins floor has been a solid 91. Returned from injury last week against the hardest team to score against for midfielders in the comp, Brisbane, and notched up a 116. Owned by just 0.9% of the comp - the same amount as Hunter a fortnight ago, I think this is a great option to stream for a couple of weeks or up until the end of the year when they face Melbourne in R23.

Touk Miller - 545K
With Brad Sheer omitted from the side last week, it appears Miller has resumed his post and returned to tagging the opposition again. Miller is an accumulator and as such, tagging often provides a bump to his overall fantasy score. He has high fantasy ceiling, recording a 145 last week and a highest of 149 for the season. Owned by 0.5% of the competition, he could post a massive score as he comes up against Essendon (Merrett) at Marvel this week. Worth noting the 31 breakeven.

Higgins was one I noticed on the weekend, but for a lot of people he is in the never again category...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaun Higgins - 584K

Touk Miller - 545K
Love the research but while that might be relevant for the top 100 or so coaches, I think the rest of us mere mortals should simply try and peg the clear Top 6/8 in each position by average.

Take the mids for example, there are Whitfield, Taranto, Macrae, Treloar, B.Crouch, Gaff, Duncan all averaging 110+ (M1-7), then Rocky @ 108, Merrett @ 106.5 and then starts to drop off a fair bit. So those top 7 are must-haves. From there it's a bit of a lottery and your Touk Miller may be just as good as a Luke Shuey or Dayne Zorko on any given week. But they could also get you a 75.

EDIT: *excluded J.Kelly as he's injured.

Is Seb Ross to Treloar a better trade than Perryman to Crisp? I keep wanting Ross to come good but....

Cripps, awesome. do it.

EDIT; Inspired by the above post Beau_Waters for PM, seems like my mids are well of the big guys at this point. And I usually build the mids first and havent really had the chance to this year.

Last edited:
Love the research but while that might be relevant for the top 100 or so coaches, I think the rest of us mere mortals should simply try and peg the clear Top 6/8 in each position by average.

Take the mids for example, there are Whitfield, Taranto, Macrae, Treloar, B.Crouch, Gaff, Duncan all averaging 110+ (M1-7), then Rocky @ 108, Merrett @ 106.5 and then starts to drop off a fair bit. So those top 7 are must-haves. From there it's a bit of a lottery and your Touk Miller may be just as good as a Luke Shuey or Dayne Zorko on any given week. But they could also get you a 75.

EDIT: *excluded J.Kelly as he's injured.
These players definitely aren't relevant to top 100 coaches but there's plenty of people, whether it be through injury or whatever having to go to certain types of players as stopgaps for a week or two. I'm only looking in the mid 500K otherwise I'd be bringing up names like the top 7 or those on their heels like Zorko who've I posted a bit of research on a few pages earlier

These players definitely aren't relevant to top 100 coaches but there's plenty of people, whether it be through injury or whatever having to go to certain types of players as stopgaps for a week or two. I'm only looking in the mid 500K otherwise I'd be bringing up names like the top 7 or those on their heels like Zorko who've I posted a bit of research on a few pages earlier
Ah yep, the 'break glass in case of emergency' stepping stones. Gotchya.

Exhibit A: I traded in Shai Bolton for Brayshaw last week (via DPP). Ride his price for a couple of weeks and then offload.

Is Seb Ross to Treloar a better trade than Perryman to Crisp? I keep wanting Ross to come good but....

Cripps, awesome. do it.

EDIT; Inspired by the above post Beau_Waters for PM, seems like my mids are well of the big guys at this point. And I usually build the mids first and havent really had the chance to this year.
Glad I could inspire. Please take all my advice with a more than large pinch of salt...

Shaun Higgins - 584K

Touk Miller - 545K
I like Higgins. I was looking at him today as well...interesting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back