Round 19 VC/C

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danger VC
Macrae C (if I trade him in) he's due for another 170+ score Wayne's-World ;)
giphy.gif

I have no idea of who to select.
Too many question marks and variables in many 50/50 games too.
VC - Dusty, Cogs, Danger, Grundy, Yeo, Gawn, Crouch, Cripps....
C - will have a go at whoever is my gut on VC - a guy who plays Saturday and then go from there, tipping knightmare this round too.

with Okeefe my loop im not confident in my ability to check on Danger before needing to make the decision so leaning towards Dusty into Titch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh yay, so now Frampton might finally get a run :newmoonface:

Crowden my only real loopholer for the week, dunno how I go about this as I'm more comfortable using the rucks to loophole

Danger VC, dunno might flat out C him

Crowden won't play this week. Not in the 25 man squad. Why not loop him?

Usually choose between Cripps, Titch and Gawn.

Must win this week so just going to yolo a little, Danger into Kelly

Means a mid or forward get looped

Not sure how I think about that, much higher risk for a donut than the ruck

I've made a few assumptions here, but this is how I would plan your VC loop.

Mitchell, Cogs, Dusty, Danger (VC), Merrett, Cripps, Jelwood, Phillips (C) (Curnow (E), Ahern* Styles)

Ahern provides "actual" cover for all the mids (except for Mitchell) as he can be moved on field as they play before North.

However if Phillips is a LATE IN, then put Curnow back on field and put the mid E on Ahern.

Then you have the option to run the loop in the forwards via Crowden loop. However, this is a riskier proposition as it would mean putting the E on a starting 6 forward and NOT putting the forward E on Guelfi leaving you with NO cover in the event of a late out on that line.

For that reason I would do the loop in the midfield, but in the event of Phillips being a late in, I would abandon the VC loop altogether or use Frampton as C loop if he doesn't make the final 22. If he's a late in, then just move the C on Titch. Too easy.

Last edited:
Means a mid or forward get looped

Not sure how I think about that, much higher risk for a donut than the ruck

Mitchell, Cogs, Dusty, Danger (VC), Merrett, Cripps, Jelwood, Phillips (C) (Curnow (E), Ahern* Styles)

Ahern provides "actual" cover for all the mids (except for Mitchell) as he can be moved on field as they play before North.

However if Phillips is a LATE IN, then put Curnow back on field and put the mid E on Ahern.

Then you have the option to run the loop in the forwards via Crowden loop. However, this is a riskier proposition as it would mean putting the E on a starting 6 forward and NOT putting the forward E on Guelfi leaving you with NO cover in the event of a late out on that line.

For that reason I would do the loop in the midfield, but in the event of Phillips being a late in, I would abandon the VC loop altogether or use Frampton as C loop if he doesn't make the final 22. If he's a late in, then just move the C on Titch. Too easy.

Ah makes sense.
I don’t really think about that. Just celebrate my VC and #yolo haha

Also serves you right for not picking Captain Olango.

Fair enough

I've been burned before by this sort of thing, but if I'm all over it tomorrow then doing it in the mids probably is more flexible than in the forwards

Dusty into Titch as i reckon Dusty is ready to fully shine now on the big stage.

Danger is also a strong VC option but the foot may go off the pedal early when the Cats are up by 10+ goals at halftime and players are managed and this is the sort of game where a Menegola and Hawkins both go 150+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back