AFL Autopsy Round 19 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Brave effort. I was just waiting for the Crows to pile on the goals in the final term but to our credit we stayed in it.

Anyone else think Winderlich can become a very hand 30-40 goal player next season?

That was gutsy and totally unexpected you guys deserved to win the bombers outplayed us for 3 quarters but just couldn't pull it off. Think this could turn your season around. You found your Mojo again. See you in the finals.

If we make it and play you guys its gunna be a helluva match.

So much sooking... blaming umps is for Richmond nuffies. We gave our all and came up short.

Glad we finally actually put in a competitive perfomance. Especially with the injuries,which in reality probably cost us the game. We were out on our feet in the last but kept coming. We were one mark and kick away from a win.

We haven't missed finals yet, the equation hasn't changed - the next 3 weeks will tell the story. At least we're back in some sort of form. 3 wins must be the aim obviously... 2 should get us in the 8.

What that game does say to me is a component of those three losses has to be application. I know the Crows were shaky, but they were made to be so. If they can bring the same ethic to the last 4 games we can worm our way into the finals.

Gutted,yes....more gutted that we have to watch totally insipid preformances by HOOKER week after week! Seriously,the guy CANNOT get past a JOG...EVER! NO play awareness at all and really poor skills.....Go ahead and can me but just saying what EVERYONE is thinking!

I think the obvious reason Hurley doesn't get frees is because he never, ever, ever put his hands out in front of him. Majority of free kicks in marking contests are arm punches. He's a big unit, defenders wouldnt get around him if he'd just stick his arms out.
Was thinking the same thing. Umpires are too stupid to call anything unless its a ticky-tack-cough-on-the-arms free kick. Needs to chuck out the dukes once ina while.

I think the obvious reason Hurley doesn't get frees is because he never, ever, ever put his hands out in front of him. Majority of free kicks in marking contests are arm punches. He's a big unit, defenders wouldnt get around him if he'd just stick his arms out.
He does.

But he's dumb about it. The further he goes from goals, the more likely he is to put the arms out. He's got it totally the wrong way about. Leading onto the forward flank where he'll end up outside the 50, arms out. Leading straight out from the goal square, jump in the air and try to take a chest mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Particularly frustrated with the result because I've got serious doubt that we are even physically capable fo bring that level of intensity next week.

Was coming in here to say the same thing! Like, like, like, especially if Stewy and Paddy are back.
I think it's something we have to do even if those two don't come back. We won't win if Petrie gets a bag. And right now, it's his contested marking doing the damage. At the very least, Hurley has to start there. If we get on top or w/ever and we can maybe switch hooker onto him, great! but we have to plan for him to play there. if that means pears is up forward or w/ever, so be it.

He does.

But he's dumb about it. The further he goes from goals, the more likely he is to put the arms out. He's got it totally the wrong way about. Leading onto the forward flank where he'll end up outside the 50, arms out. Leading straight out from the goal square, jump in the air and try to take a chest mark.

Yeah fair point, I'm overplaying it. It really frustrated me tonight. He looked bloody out of touch in the contests. To be expected obviously, he'll be better.

Couldnt have asked for much more then that TBH-Hooker and pears wern't great-Cannot beleive Hurley did not get a single freekick what with Talia climbing all over the top of him for 3 quaters-
Dont loose hope boys-if we play like that every week we can account for 2 of the next 4 opponetns
Just remember the personal missing from that game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back