Review Round 19 vs Brisbane @ The GABBA (24.07.2021 @ 3:10pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeffery should get in over any of them. Moyle and Rosas a maybe, but both need more development IMO, or McPherson as a replacement I guess. McLennan has not shown enough unfortunately. I want to be proven wrong though.

A few players will have the blowtorch, but I’m expecting two changes (one forced with injury) as per usual.
Jeffrey knocking on the door as emerg and then kicks 9. He should play I agree.
I’d give McLennan a game. There weren’t too many screaming for Sharp to get a game based on VFL form.

Jeffery should get in over any of them. Moyle and Rosas a maybe, but both need more development IMO, or McPherson as a replacement I guess. McLennan has not shown enough unfortunately. I want to be proven wrong though.

A few players will have the blowtorch, but I’m expecting two changes (one forced with injury) as per usual.

Don’t care how s**t we are I don’t wanna see McLennan Rosas this year. Moyle maybe at least he’s a decent size to make some impact

Having chilled a little since the game. It was still unacceptable, no ways about it. But injuries are really beginning to squeeze us.

Witts
Budarick
Ellis
Weller
Day
Markov
Greenwood
Holman

There is 8 players right there who are arguably best 22 for us missing.
5 definite top 22 there and 3 who are right on the border in that 25 group. Does show

I just saw the game now.
Won’t be reading the posts.
So embarrassing and disappointing.
Dew and Tippett sent out The Petals for the 2nd half.
They are soft.

Dew for mine needs to go. Whatever he delivered at halftime and 3/4 time tells me he’s not an effective Coach.

Clarko come up to the GC and get some beautiful Sun into you.

Last edited:
Finally back from a weeks suspension after having a crack at the umpires last week so I won’t go there again... smh.

I was stoked with our first half - it was great to see us really take it to a team who has bullied us relentlessly for years. However after half time was an absolute disgrace. No heart, no desire, no hunger and no want to continue to take on the game and win.

Why did we change our game style after half time? If we had’ve continued to take the game on and take advantage of Brisbane’s defence by the speed of our game and ball movement we would’ve won. Don’t know why we decided to slow it down it only played into Brisbane’s hands and game style we rattled their defence in the first half with our quick ball movement style and game plan. Very disappointing to see it come apart in the last half.

Yes injuries play a part but I feel like we definitely had the right cattle on the field today to get the right result, feeling very bitter after that one.

How we can have two contrasting halves I place towards the coaching staff. A lot here eluded to it and we’re concerned how we would come back after half time, and we just stopped playing with dare, pressure and intent. Where’s plan B? Jeffery in for me, as we need to reward good 2nds performances and his was outstanding. Even Dew might watch the 2’s replay…hmm doubt it

Performance was pathetic because it showed we could match and even outplay Brisbane, then second half just didn’t compete. For me players like Fiorini and Brodie continue to get destroyed here. They are an ongoing work in progress, but 41 touches can’t be a bad game, and Brodie 20 from half forward mainly, was a reasonable first up. Strange KPI, Brodie 3rd average speed (work rate) in attack for the game. Wouldn’t have picked that. The question remains for the coach’s why such a poor second half

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

He led the team in contested possessions, 2nd in clearances, =3rd in tackles

he has 1 more turnover than Rowell and 27 more possessions.

he had 1 less turnover than Touk.

Based on turnovers he had one of the best possession retention rates of all suns mids.

Yes his skill execution needs to get better. But so do so many on our team. Even mentioning him amongst the players who needed to do more today is joke. The man had 41 touches
Agree, he is cream in a good side ( like Lyons) but sadly we are soft, don’t like the hard ball and have a coach that plays favourites

Brissie fans and the wider football community be like
View attachment 1185952

Not me. I actually think you Guys are headed in the right direction. I am more impressed by your first half than I was our second. You are just in that annoying part of the development cycle where you can't sustain it for 4 quarters often enough.

It gets more annoying when you are supposed to be good and play like we did in the first half, we have issues galore.

Got a feeling sticking with Sdew is the way to go, not sure why.

Dees are gettable, good luck next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm gonna get the last word in

The Gabba is still a shithole

Tearing it down for the Olympics is the best thing that could ever happen to it
The thing is how do they expand it?The footprint is just too small for purpose.I reckon the East Brisbane State School is doomed
Maybe build out over Vulture Street
Personally I'd just nuke it and start again somewhere else

The thing is how do they expand it?The footprint is just too small for purpose.I reckon the East Brisbane State School is doomed
Maybe build out over Vulture Street
Personally I'd just nuke it and start again somewhere else
According to Cochrane, they're moving it west so it sits over the cross-river rail station. It's not getting re-built where it is.

No Ruckman and 3 best runners and best tackler out.
Come on it's a bit harsh.
Sorry 2 best tacklers out Holman and Greenwood. We are currently playing an SANFL swingman in the ruck we had our 3 best ground covers out. The second half was poor of course but there is no way the players missing can be be overlooked. We had 8 of our best 22 out that can't be overlooked.

Having chilled a little since the game. It was still unacceptable, no ways about it. But injuries are really beginning to squeeze us.

Witts
Budarick
Ellis
Weller
Day
Markov
Greenwood
Holman

There is 8 players right there who are arguably best 22 for us missing.
There is no argument they are absolutely best 22

I would give Rowell a rest he looks underdone.. He is trying hard but he’s going to be swallow 2.0 smashed up before he is mid 20s if he isn’t protected from himself
Great call, watching him
Yesterday he looks a shadow of himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back