Review Round 2, 2016: Williamstown v Box Hill Hawks, 17 April 2016, 11.40am @ Burbank Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Great work BHH. Again, interested to see WX in the best despite the viewers summaries. Boosting his trade value? Hopefully not - would love to see him back and burning it up for hawthorn.

His one on one work was good. His defensive running was slack. WhiteX always relied on a high work ethic, am not seeing it now.

Thanks to all those who contributed to this thread. Looks like we have a few youngsters ready to pressure the seniors for spots. I would like to see Brand in this week. Crows are very tall forward.

Willsmore has now set the bar for himself.

Thought whitecross was fantastic.

Brand steady as a rock.

Hardwick and Stewart have leadership written all over them.

Lovell needs rounding out as a player but a matchwinning effort.

JoR showed the benefit of playimg AFL for 3 rounds. Really pushed himself to be a level above VFL with his running. Still would like his first touch ball handling and reflexes to improve as they are holding him back.

Burton super smooth and showed some great toe as well. Look all class.

Fisher is a find. Moves really well.

JML showing some real signs. Love he has an appetite to run. Reckon he will make it.

I dont think pittonet is anywhere near AFL level. Developing nicely but way off for mine.

Jack is a favourite so good with his marking positioning and has some footy intelligence. Rucking isnt great but such an awkward competitor is a great fwd target.

Miles only just going for mine. Same sort of output as last year. Needs to do more or may end up tipped out.

Great win.

Thanks to all those who contributed to this thread. Looks like we have a few youngsters ready to pressure the seniors for spots. I would like to see Brand in this week. Crows are very tall forward.

Unfortunately, can't see it happening with a 5 day turnaround.

I didn't think Willsmore would make it but I now admit he shows great promise.
The player I am most excited about is Burton. Could be anything.

Unfortunately, can't see it happening with a 5 day turnaround.

Yeah. Thought about that as soon as I hit the post button. With our reserves only having a 5 day turn around, and us on a 6, doesn't do us any favours. However, backs to the wall always brings out the best in us, and if that means another West Coast effort, look out confident crows!:)

Willsmore has now set the bar for himself.

Thought whitecross was fantastic.

Brand steady as a rock.

Hardwick and Stewart have leadership written all over them.

Lovell needs rounding out as a player but a matchwinning effort.

JoR showed the benefit of playimg AFL for 3 rounds. Really pushed himself to be a level above VFL with his running. Still would like his first touch ball handling and reflexes to improve as they are holding him back.

Burton super smooth and showed some great toe as well. Look all class.

Fisher is a find. Moves really well.

JML showing some real signs. Love he has an appetite to run. Reckon he will make it.

I dont think pittonet is anywhere near AFL level. Developing nicely but way off for mine.

Jack is a favourite so good with his marking positioning and has some footy intelligence. Rucking isnt great but such an awkward competitor is a great fwd target.

Miles only just going for mine. Same sort of output as last year. Needs to do more or may end up tipped out.

Great win.
Pitto just looked off yesterday, at first i thought the way they were taking his run at the center was the cause, when watching at the ground, but having watched a recording last night he was just beaten, plain and simple.

Whitecross's game was interesting, every-time I thought he couldn't get near it and was just cruising along without real desire up he'd pop in the play.

I really noticed something about JoR yesterday that, imo, isn't helping him, will hold fire on it though until I watch him much more closely, to see if its an inbuilt reaction or just early season bits and bobs that will sort itself out. Could be why he was dropped, regardless of what Clarko said about possies.

Pitto just looked off yesterday, at first i thought the way they were taking his run at the center was the cause, when watching at the ground, but having watched a recording last night he was just beaten, plain and simple..

That friggen Meese has been bullying us for years. Am always envious of the combative way he plays footy. Willi has Robbie Campbell down there, loved the way Robbie used to ruck would not mind him coming home in the future. The ball was zipping around like crazy so was always going to be hard for Pitt to keep up.

I didn't think Willsmore would make it but I now admit he shows great promise.
The player I am most excited about is Burton. Could be anything.

Great to see Willsmore doing well so far but just wondering how he might be introduced for a run in the senior side. In the recent years past he would have been given 15 mins as the sub but don't have that luxury now.

For sure , let him settle and build some confidence at BH playing his current role in the short term , but for his development long-term does he need to be shifted back to a wing or given some more responsibility defensively? Think the days of the quarterback/designated kicker who may not be all that good defensively are numbered (as we saw with Suckling playing increasingly up the ground or half-forward last year).

A great result for the boys. No one should ever underestimate the difficulty in playing Willi on their home turf. It was particularly pleasing that many of the young guys were up to the task.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pitto just looked off yesterday, at first i thought the way they were taking his run at the center was the cause, when watching at the ground, but having watched a recording last night he was just beaten, plain and simple.
The worry for me with Pitto is he cant get off the ground well enough at centre bounces. Wasnt just a weekend thing.

My feeling after the game was: "gee we recruited really well in 2015"

Lovell was great, Burton did some nice things with strong hands, Hardwick looks composed already, but Stewart, gee isnt he a little goer. Will be on the senior list in no time.

Whitecross looked a lot better too.

Is that confirmed though?
6 or 7 pins coming out and a 3 month recovery according to Fagan in the injury report, they think he may be able to play towards the end of the year but want him setup for a big preseason for next year

6 or 7 pins coming out and a 3 month recovery according to Fagan in the injury report, they think he may be able to play towards the end of the year but want him setup for a big preseason for next year
Thanks. Disappointing the injury is still a factor. Very happy we have extended his contract though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back