Review Round 2, 2018: Frankston v Box Hill Hawks, 14th April 2018, 2.00pm @ Skybus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Where in God's name is Lovell?? ? Or is this caper not quite for him??!!!
He was pretty non existent from my view. I was only there for the first half.
It was pretty ordinary footy. Pitto for mine was the best in the first half. It sounds like Lewis must have had a good second half, he is a brute of a kid. Love to see him suit up for the seniors, reckon there’s something about him. I thought Langas played a good first half to. Him and Cuz definitely had better of The Dolphins mid field.
The wind was something else, kicks were traveling 20m at best, even travelling backwards. Horrible day to have to play. I’m glad we won, it certainly didn’t look like we would when I left.

Still a very puzzling draft selection. Using a prized first round pick on a 174cm midfielder with questionable disposal and not overly quick.

I have seen enough to suggest he was a good pick but thats just me.

If not for injury last year would have played most games given our injuries.

He has excellent skills and evasiveness.

Disposal was very good today in tough conditions.

Keep the faith.

For those at the ground. Did Lewis go into the ruck or did he play exclusively up forward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Cousins had 29 and kicked 3.3 last week.
This week has 30 and kicks a goal.

Must be close to a debut. Just must be.

For those at the game, is the knock on his disposal that bad?
He played 3 games last year.

For those at the ground. Did Lewis go into the ruck or did he play exclusively up forward?

Rucked at times when Pitto was off along with Nash and was very very good against a bigger more mature ruck.

Kid has those footy smarts you cannot teach.

Amazing to think he went late 70s in the draft.

So Cousins had 29 and kicked 3.3 last week.
This week has 30 and kicks a goal.

Must be close to a debut. Just must be.

For those at the game, is the knock on his disposal that bad?

Short answer no its not that bad.

He gets a lot of ball from the stoppage which means he is rushed to get rid of it and is often a handball.

From what ive seen, when he has space and time he is very good.

So, Lewis has kicked 3 a game for 4 in a row now? Can he ruck a little? Can he come in and play TOB's role?

IMO could quite easily play the TOB role and do just as well if not better.

Chopped out in the ruck today when Pitto was off and did very well for someone so slight in build.

Did he do enough in the first half then managed in second half for a senior call up next week?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good question.

He did seem to spend more time on the bench in the 2nd half but not sure if that was deliberate or not.

Short answer no its not that bad.

He gets a lot of ball from the stoppage which means he is rushed to get rid of it and is often a handball.

From what ive seen, when he has space and time he is very good.

IMO could quite easily play the TOB role and do just as well if not better.

Chopped out in the ruck today when Pitto was off and did very well for someone so slight in build.

Good question.

He did seem to spend more time on the bench in the 2nd half but not sure if that was deliberate or not.
Thanks! I love the sound of everything

Frankston 0.1-1 7.6-48 7.6-48 9.10-64
Box Hill Hawks 4.6-30 6.6-42 12.18-90 14.19-103

Frankston
Goal Kickers: C. Rich 2, S. Williams 2, W. Fordham, B. Mullane, M. La Fontaine, A. Jarnestrom, M. McCarthy
Best Players: C. Rich, A. Jarnestrom, W. Fordham, J. Batchelor, L. Pierce, J. Lovett
Box Hill Hawks
Goal Kickers: W. Murphy 4, M. Lewis 3, R. Burton 2, B. Kilpatrick, A. Brolic, J. Cousins, C. Nash, B. Evans
Best Players: J. Cousins, R. Burton, N. Evans, A. Brolic, W. Hams, M. Lewis

Above stats are from the VFL web site.

The game was played in very poor conditions so there were lots of mistakes. Our second quarter was poor with Frankston winning a lot of the ball at stoppages. They kicked a number of long goals from set shots from outside 50 metres. In the third quarter we unsuccessfully tried to spot up players rather than taking set shots from outside 50 metres. It was poor footy given the strong and swirling breeze. In the last quarter we ran hard and linked up far better by hand and then trying to pump the ball low into the breeze. Low ball drops were the order for such conditions and there were a lot of turnovers. Piece beat Pitto in the ruck which was disappointing. We could have been under the pump in the last quarter however there were some really good efforts from O'Donnell and Worpel to name two. Hams is a terrific player. Lewis has very good hands and is breathing down O'Brien's neck based on their form so far this season.

Hard to gauge anything from that. When the heat was on in the first half frankston outplayed us. They tired pretty badly after half time. Box hill struggled to get any sorta continuity of possession. The game was highly contested and we were beaten at the coal face early on.

The last qtr saw some great efforts from bull o'donnell cousins worpel and langers that got us the win. Billy murphy was great all day and i suspected mitchell lewis is gonna be fun to watch

Interesting to note that lovell played a lot half forward i suspect he played there last week as well all part of his learning process.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back