Preview Round 2, 2018: Geelong v Hawthorn, MCG, 2 April 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Create a contest inside our forward 50 and bring the ball to ground and force the Geelong back six into making mistakes. If we can match them in the clearances and inside 50s then we are a chance of breaking the losing streak. They might not be able to contain all our small forwards.

IN: Glass

OUT: Burton (injured)

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Glass, O’Brien, Sicily

C: Shiels, Mitchell, Smith

HF: Burgoyne, Gunston, Rioli

F: Breust, Roughead, Puopolo

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Impey

INT: Duryea, Howe, Schoenmakers, Henderson

AFL website reporting McEvoy only had a corked thigh. Those are nasty - especially in the first round - but he should recover. Sheils also probably (hopefully) had a really bad corkie as he was walking fine afterwards. Unfortunately it looks like Burton will miss.

Ins: Glass, Morrison
Outs: Burton (injured), Duryea (omitted)

Only change for mine is

Out- Burton
In- Glass

Doc and Schoey need to do more.

Hopefully we put Shiels somewhere near Dangerflog or Scablett. Our speed in forward 50 could worry them provided we don’t kick it to Taylor and their other talk defenders to mark uncontested.

Lower the eyes or grubber it in if necessary. Must make it a ground game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn Geelong matches should be banned from hospitals. In the past ten years they have been heart attacks on a screen.

Great start, I think we Need 1 more genuine midfielder in the setup to help out.
Impey to ablett. Howe to danger thoughts?
Also thoughts on tob down back?

Last edited:
Confident going into this game. Our midfield was good last night and we’ll need to be as good if not better to match the Cats in there.
Our forwards need to spread the slow Cats defenders and isolate them.

Hopefully Burton gets up as he’s another body to throw at Dangerfield when he’s forward.

Like our chances

Only change for mine is

Out- Burton
In- Glass

Hopefully we put Shiels somewhere near Dangerflog or Scablett. Our speed in forward 50 could worry them provided we don’t kick it to Taylor and their other talk defenders to mark uncontested.

Think that this is likely

Gotta beat these pricks.. . Match them in the guts and run and carry the ball with speed instead of bombing it forward! ! Expecting Rough to have a big say on the result, hardly plays two quiet ones in a row.
Let's not forget, Rough missed 5-6 weeks of pre-season training. He never was a aerobic beast to begin with so, he'll need just a bit of time to get going .

Only change for mine is

Out- Burton
In- Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back